Anonymous(anon)

Re: New products: SmartWatch & Smart Wireless Headset

Not yet available..:smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

I agree with you that the SmartWatch is more or less the LiveView v2 but what Sony Ericsson's plan regarding the current LiveView users?

I understand that the SDK is somewhat different and application developpers are now providing plugins for the SmartWatch and stop developing/updating their plugins for the LiveView :smileysad:

Any plan to update the "original" LiveView device to work with Smart Extension SDK plugins?

Or, if this is not possible at a technical level, it would be nice if Sony would offer a trade-in/buy-back option to let the current LiveView users upgrade to the SmartWatch.

I spent 60€ last year for the LiveView ... and I won't spend another 100€ this year on the SmartWatch ifi the same thing happens next year with the LiveView v3 !:smileyconfused:

Trustee
Markus

I am not sure if the LiveView can be updated to support the new plugins meant for SmartWatch.

Run Update Service and see if you have the latest software.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Also keep your eyes on the blog portal. If any new updates become available making this possible I'm sure it will be posted on the blogs.

I don't think there will be a trade-in option unfortunately. We release new products constantly and I don't think we cannot offer users the option to step up for a reduced cost. You can always ask your dealer if they can offer you a good deal if you buy the new SmartWatch from them.

Trustee
Markus

I just got confirmation saying LiveView will not be updated to support SmartWatch apps/plugins.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Markus,

Thank you to confirm what I was feering :smileysad:

If you have contacts with Sony Mobile marketing people, you can tell them that it would be honest to offer a trade-in option for the LiveView users:smileyconfused:

Trustee
Markus

I will forward your wish. Fingers crossed, let's hope for the best! :smileyhappy:

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks a lot, Markus.

I understand your point about your company not being able to provide updates/trade-in whenever a new model is coming out: I own an Xperia X10 and you won't release Android 4/ICS for this product ... I'm ok with that because my phone is running fine with the current software release, I can still install new applications from the market Google Play :smileywink: ... and I bought it almost 2 years ago.

The LiveView story is a bit different ... I bought it last year, none of the update really solved the bluetooth connectivity issue (I'm running the latest firmware together with a supported Sony Ericsson phone) and it will very quickly become useless because the developers wont develop any new plugin or won't even update the existing one as the platform/SDK is dead :smileyangry:

So let's hope your marketing guys do something for us :smileycool:

Anonymous(anon)

Can i know the price of smart wireless headset pro in india ?

Greenhorn
spectre51

Just got my SmartWatch this week.  Its pretty slick.  Wish we had the ability to respond to text messages through the app with more than just a static reply.  Hopefully the next version of the SmartWatch will also include a built in microphone.  Being able to talk into the watch to dictate a text message would be amazing.

Master
nolramlb

yes please... if I can't use my liveview anymore (especially more people complain that it has issues with ICS).. PLease please. have a trade your live view for smart watch program.. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: preferably free? :smileywink: