Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: New products: SmartWatch & Smart Wireless Headset

Not yet available..:smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

I agree with you that the SmartWatch is more or less the LiveView v2 but what Sony Ericsson's plan regarding the current LiveView users?

I understand that the SDK is somewhat different and application developpers are now providing plugins for the SmartWatch and stop developing/updating their plugins for the LiveView :smileysad:

Any plan to update the "original" LiveView device to work with Smart Extension SDK plugins?

Or, if this is not possible at a technical level, it would be nice if Sony would offer a trade-in/buy-back option to let the current LiveView users upgrade to the SmartWatch.

I spent 60€ last year for the LiveView ... and I won't spend another 100€ this year on the SmartWatch ifi the same thing happens next year with the LiveView v3 !:smileyconfused:

Trustee
Markus

I am not sure if the LiveView can be updated to support the new plugins meant for SmartWatch.

Run Update Service and see if you have the latest software.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Also keep your eyes on the blog portal. If any new updates become available making this possible I'm sure it will be posted on the blogs.

I don't think there will be a trade-in option unfortunately. We release new products constantly and I don't think we cannot offer users the option to step up for a reduced cost. You can always ask your dealer if they can offer you a good deal if you buy the new SmartWatch from them.

Trustee
Markus

I just got confirmation saying LiveView will not be updated to support SmartWatch apps/plugins.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Markus,

Thank you to confirm what I was feering :smileysad:

If you have contacts with Sony Mobile marketing people, you can tell them that it would be honest to offer a trade-in option for the LiveView users:smileyconfused:

Trustee
Markus

I will forward your wish. Fingers crossed, let's hope for the best! :smileyhappy:

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks a lot, Markus.

I understand your point about your company not being able to provide updates/trade-in whenever a new model is coming out: I own an Xperia X10 and you won't release Android 4/ICS for this product ... I'm ok with that because my phone is running fine with the current software release, I can still install new applications from the market Google Play :smileywink: ... and I bought it almost 2 years ago.

The LiveView story is a bit different ... I bought it last year, none of the update really solved the bluetooth connectivity issue (I'm running the latest firmware together with a supported Sony Ericsson phone) and it will very quickly become useless because the developers wont develop any new plugin or won't even update the existing one as the platform/SDK is dead :smileyangry:

So let's hope your marketing guys do something for us :smileycool:

Anonymous(anon)

Can i know the price of smart wireless headset pro in india ?

Apprentice
spectre51

Just got my SmartWatch this week.  Its pretty slick.  Wish we had the ability to respond to text messages through the app with more than just a static reply.  Hopefully the next version of the SmartWatch will also include a built in microphone.  Being able to talk into the watch to dictate a text message would be amazing.

Master
nolramlb

yes please... if I can't use my liveview anymore (especially more people complain that it has issues with ICS).. PLease please. have a trade your live view for smart watch program.. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: preferably free? :smileywink: