One time poster
balkris

Re: New products: SmartWatch & Smart Wireless Headset

Hi,

when can we expect its actual launch???

Anonymous(anon)

when can we expect its actual launch in india?

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, is this the best place to ask technical questions about the smartwatch, and also to ask questions about the LiveWare and SmartWatch apps ?

Got one SmartWatch to test it and it works when binded to the Xperia HD, but on a Nexus S it looks like the SmartWatch app does not detect the apps I installed from the market, neither detect the SmartWatch itself (but Liveware does, so it's a really strange behavior). The last update of the SmartWatch app (1.1.56) does not solve those problems.

I really believe in such concept as compagnion for my phone, and I'm really exited to develop something for it. But it's difficult if it does not work on my device.

How can I get help (maybe from the SmartWatch app devs) ?

Trustee
Markus

Hey, this is most certainly the place to ask questions. :smileyhappy:

I just had a look at the compatibility chart on the website and Nexus S is not in the list.

I don't know why this phone is not listed or if it can be added as compatible with any coming updates or such.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/accessories/smartwatch/specifications/

Compatibility – other brands

HTC Desire S, HTCEvo 3D/Shooter, HTC Sensation, HTC Wildfire, HTC Wildfire S, Motorola Defy, Motorola Droid 2/Milestone 2, Motorola RAZR, Orange San Fransisco, Samsung Galaxy 5, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Galaxy Fit, Samsung Galaxy Gio, Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy SL

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I really hope it will be compatible with all devices because if it's not, the possible interest generated by such a device will fall from 200% to zero.

Even as a developer, I don't get why the broadcast/intent system used into the SDK would work more easily with one android device than another one.

It should at minimum work well on the most "android pure" devices such as google devices.

I can see only a marketing reason, and if it's the case, it would be really hard to defend, IMHO.

Alexandre.

Trustee
Markus

I totally agree with you.

I'm no developer myself so I cannot tell why only some devices and not all are supported.

I'm sure there's a good reason to this for the time being. Also, I see no gain in deliberately not making some devices compatible so if it can be changed, I'm sure it will. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Liveware manager just got an update and it works with my Nexus S perfectly now ! Yeah !

Trustee
Markus

That makes me very happy to hear! :smileyhappy: Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous(anon)

What's the difference between Liveview and Smartwatch?

Would you know when will this be available in the Philippines?

Trustee
Markus

SmartWatch is more or less the LiveView 2.

It got full touch and different design. The over all usage is basically the same though. :smileyhappy:

I don't know when the launch will be but it should not be far away. Ask you dealer if they have any information about it. :smileyhappy: