Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: MW600 Firmware update possible?

I am interested in having the MW600 software upgrade....

It is sad to think that my BlueTooth device was working perfectly with my old blackberry 9000

and is really annoying and unstable when paired with my iPhone 4S.

What will be the procedure to obtain the upgrade announced by "mbrown201" ?

Anonymous(anon)

i'm having issues connecting my nokia e71 and blackberry 8520 via multipoint on the mw600. I understand up to 3 devices

Anonymous(anon)

TrackID and other features work better on my Sony Vaio pc and my C905a than on my Xperia Arc.  I cannot figure this out!!

One time poster
dunner87

It seems Sony has now discontinued the MW600 and re-released it as the MW600S, although there is no discernible difference between the two.  This makes me wonder if the new model is simply running this upgraded firmware.  If you try to go to the Sony website's product page for the MW600 (i.e. from a Google search), it comes up with a message saying "Sorry, the MW600 is no longer available."  If the only difference is in the firmware, I think it should be incumbant upon Sony to release a tool that will allow owners of the MW600 to upgrade to the latest firmware as well.

Any feedback from Sony Support on this would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: It appears there is a difference in the headphones being packaged with the bluetooth receiver, or so it would appear from the pictures.  However, the reciever itself still appears to be exactly the same, and the firmware argument still stands: if there is a firmware upgrade to be had, then it should be made available to all owners of the MW600.