Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

MW600 Firmware update possible?

Hi,

Is there any option for a firmware upgrade in MW 600?

I'm having problems using it with iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2).

I think many problems that occur with bluetooth compatibility could be solved if the bluetooth headset is firmware upgradable...

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: MW600 Firmware update possible?

Yeah, but you're asking for an SE accessory to be made compatible with a non-SE phone, which isn't really reasonable.

Anonymous(anon)

Sure it is, since iPhone was on the compatible phones list for this bluetooth headset....

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Yes, but is it listed as 100% compatible by SE? I know that some retailers tend not to mention any limitations, giving a false impression of full compatibility.

Anonymous(anon)

It was mentioned in the SE official page for the bluetooth headset...

I had bad experience with previous headsets and this is the reason I choose to buy this one.

It's sad that most companies that produce bluetooth headsets do not support firmware updates, which would solve a lot of problems!

Anonymous(anon)

Yes there is a software upgrade.  My MW600 headset would constantly freeze when excepting incoming calls on my iphone 4 and 4s   I happen to work on a touring tradeshow that Sony Ericsson is a sponsor.   After telling them about my problem the told me that there is an internal SE firmware upgrade that fixes thoese problems and swapped headsets with me for one that was already upgraded.

I am now very happy with my headset!

Anonymous(anon)

I assume it has to be fully supported by apple iphone. It supports all iphone's features, even those available in original iphone (2g). But hanging on outgoing/incomming call is a real bug. It can and must be fixed on software level.

So, the message to SE is to keep their face clean and fix the gadget.

Anonymous(anon)

btw, the problem with hanging on missed call is not just iphone related: mw600 has is with "native" phones as well: http://www.xperiablog.net/forum/threads/mw600-arc.81/

Anonymous(anon)

Mine is supposed to show trackID info from my Xperia Arc,yet NOTHING. And NO SUPPORT FROM SEUS.

Anonymous(anon)

Is it possible for SE Service Centre to do it for my MW600 since there is no way to DIY a firmware upgrade apparently?