Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
One time poster
pacificoke

MW1 firmware updates stop

My MW1 was interrupted during updating the firmware, then lost the connection to the cell phone,samsung galaxy s3. MW1 cannot work properly since then, just show the still loading banner on the screen.When it's on,it show the LOADING,till it's out of battery. When it's chartged, it appears again.

Cannot connect the phone via bluetooth.

How can it be fixed

Oracle
suze

Re: MW1 firmware updates stop

I would try running the Sony Update Service Update service - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

to repair your device.  Let us know if that solves the problem.

One time poster
tronchaviones

Thanks you, suze! You saved me the trouble and cost of fighting Sony "support".

My ERMW1 was bricked by the buggy "Smart Wireless Headset pro version 0.1.E.1.5 update" (same simptoms as pacificoke), so I was trapped on the infinite loop of http://www.sony.es/support/, where there is everything but support.

I was trying to accept I had miserably wasted 100€ by buying unsupported chinese* cr4p, but your updater made the miracle, restoring the 0.1.D.0.6 firmware.

*I know Sony pretends to be a japanese company, but this product is just chinese cr4p, both hardware and software. Battery was dead on arrival, and it last half than promised, sound quality is low, the software is criminal and the support is a bad joke.

One time poster
rajamittal

i am also witnessing the same problem.

plzz guide me the deatiled solution.

One time poster
rhicks

Sony update service bricked my device.  After trying to run this and seeing "The Installation Failed"  the device now has "Er" whenever it is turned on.  I've tried running SUS many times with the installation always failing.  NOT HAPPY!

One time poster
RSchuitman

I don't think there is another solution than just send it in for repair. Which is what I am about to do.

Unless I can find another solution to this problem.

One time poster
e.luinstra

I faced the same problem, but after half an hour the update finished. The problem I had, was that it did not finish downloading the complete update and then started the update procedure over and over again, untill it finally was able to download the complete update.

You can maybe try to update again. You can just resume, by turning on your MW1 and your bluetooth on your phone and start the Smart Connect app (maybe you have to start the Smart Wireless Headset pro app and start the update process manually from the about/info page). It will then resume the update. If you are lucky the download will succeed eventually and the MW1 will work again.

I don't know what causes the download to fail, but it would be nice if the update would be downloaded (and verified) first before starting the actual update on the MW1.