Anonymous(anon)

Re: Can't restart MW600 headset

I think you have to get it into pairing mode first (turn off, then keep the power button pressed), then turn it off again with power and talk buttons pressed simultaneously.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem, 10 hr after buy. seem like i have to wait for battery drain only way for consumer. SE not a professional. I'm not suspect why SE name will gone with the wind.

Anonymous(anon)

Well, my MW600 just froze again while pairing. This time I was pairing it to my desktop computer, which had previously worked fine with it. Unfortunately the battery was close to full this time around, so I'll have to wait days for the battery to drain.

Do you think I can I get my money back? A replacement would probably have the exact same bug + design flaw that's causing this.

Anonymous(anon)

I've just encountered this same problem with my MW600 :smileycry:
I think the problem occured when connected to my new Sony Tablet S and took the tablet out of range (the next room). When I came back to the MW600 it was locked showing an open bluetooth symbol (not paired/connected) and a full battery box icon.
None of the buttons do anything, including the two buttons that you use for a reset. :smileyangry:
Is there a PC tool the Sony might have for using the USB to update/reset the headset using a desktop/laptop? That would be very helpful to users, if in fact there are firmware updates availbale :smileywink:

BTW: Which post ticks this off as "Assumed Answered"

Anonymous(anon)

Coincidence?
In less than 24hrs of the MW600 freezing, I've aslo had to pullthe battery from my X10i and pin the reset on my Sony Tablet S.
Ummmm.....
Still waiting for the battery to drain on the MW .....

Anonymous(anon)

I also have the same problem. I was trying to connect this with my dell laptop. I was having an error with bluetooth driver so I manually tried to add some drivers and after installing drivers i checked headset, but it was not responding. it just got stuck with two icons, bluetooth and battery. my batter was more than half at that time. can anyone tell me how many days will it take for battery to drain for half charged battery.

Also i would like to know should I replace the headset from vendor or not, as to avoid this in future. i hope this was probably because of driver. I just bought it 2 days ago, and used it for one day.

thanks

One time poster
RAGman

It happened to me 2 days ago my MW600 froze for good and nothing could be done to it... the only thing which helped as described above was to let it drian the battery and let it to shut off... after charging, it turn on as nothing had happened... works great...  almost got scared that will have to say good bye to it.

Anonymous(anon)

I can't express my disappointment in this product in words anymore. 3 months ago I got this same issue, drained the battery, recharg but does not work. So I sent it to the retailer for warranty claim, 3 months later I got back the unit just to have it freeze on me again 3 days after... Not to mention there's also other issue like the unit rewind on it's own, slow response to input.

In many electronics products that I've own, none has disappoint me the way this unit does. Not that it's not good, but the issue is very easily solved by letting us end users have a way to cut off the power and reset everything again to default factory settings. No, holding combo power+call button is not a way to reset since it still depends on the firmware and if the firmware freeze, everything is freezed...

Overall? I won't recommend this product to any of my friend at all. Probably I'm avoiding any Sony bluetooth headset at all after this...

Update: After a while somehow the unit comes back to life again and responding to my input. I immediately reset all pairing (power+call combo) and pair it to only Samsung Galaxy Note. After 2 days, it starts rewinding music on its own and freeze again. So, for those who said it's because of the non-android OS that the unit freezed the answer is no... I would say the unit will probably work with Sony phones (and even that I heard newer phone is not 100% compatible). Or perhaps the freezing is just so random... I'm buying another set after this and certainly it's not gonna be Sony anymore after my friend also reports problems on his Sony bluetooth headset (different model)

BTW, the battery drain step does not recover my unit.

Anonymous(anon)

After one day of use this device stop working. I can't make it start. It's complety dead.

Also, when I connect it to charger the screen remains completely black. The propoused solution didn't work

Completely disappointed with SONY!

I bought this item in London, and now I'm 8000 milles away to reclaim warranty!

One time poster
borisov_pavel

I have the same problem. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and yesterday it just hangs. :smileyplain:

The battery is fully charged and I have no idea how long it will need to wait until it powers off. :smileycry:

P.S.: I used it only with my Xperia P.