Anonymous(anon)

Re: Can't restart MW600 headset

Shortly after my first post I submitted my headset to warranty service.

After I couple of days I got it back, and it has worked fine now for two months. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Nice to see I'm not alone. Same lock up here. Had it less than 36 hours and in use just 45 minutes then locked up. Battery (fully charged) and Bluetooth symbol showing. From the other posts I see I will have to wait a couple days for the battery to drain. Most other devices have a small reset button that you can push in for cases like this. Ya listening SE?

Anonymous(anon)

Leting the battery die worked! All is well again, didn't even have to re-pair. I tried to link it with my laptop running Windows 7 and it DID NOT like that at all! Laptop crashed, recovered itself. Won't do that again.

Anonymous(anon)

MV600 user manual provided the "reset" procedure

but..

it did not work for me either: all previously paired device remained intact..

May be someone from SE should provide errata to their manual?

How about give the answer here?

Draining the battery dead will reset? From this discussion I can't tell?!

Anonymous(anon)

Letting the battery die worked! It may take a couple days to drain the battery though. Once the battery has drained, recharge it and you might be back to normal. Worked for me and no problems since.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem, cant reset the headset.

And the radio isnt good, make lot of noises (rrrrrggggrgrgrsrgrs):smileyangry:

Anonymous(anon)

Sony, please, give us a firmware of this s*** product

Mine doesnt work now

Trying to reset, but donest work even with batttery 0%

:smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

As I have said before ---

"Letting the battery die worked! It may take a couple days to drain the battery though. Once the battery has drained, recharge it and you might be back to normal. Worked for me and no problems since."

Maybe doing a reset after letting the battery fully drain before trying to 'pair' will work... Leave the MW600 powered on for a couple days till the battery is drained.

Then recharge it, once recharged, do the reset I think the manual gives you the steps for reset.

now try to pair to your phone.

I've not had a problem with mine since 2010. I use it to listen to the radio while mowing the lawn or at work watching movies from my XPERIA X10 . Works great.

I really like mine. Good luck...

Anonymous(anon)

Im having trouble turning mine on it was working fine yesterday and today nothing...i put it to charge thinking it might have discharged the charging indicator lights up as soon as i take it off and try to turn it on nothing...any ideas?

Anonymous(anon)

As I have said before ---

"Letting the battery die worked! It may take a couple days to drain the battery though. Once the battery has drained, recharge it and you might be back to normal. Worked for me and no problems since."

Leave it off the charger for two, three maybe four days just to be sure. Then recharge it and follow the reset steps in the manual then ‘re - pair’ it up with your phone.

Frustrating process I know but it worked for me and is still working trouble free.

Oh.. and turning it on takes a bit. Hold the button in for a 10 count at the very least.

This link is the download for the user manual pdf - page 15 tell you how to reset  (this may work for you but running till the battery died work for me when the reset failed to do the job)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/775/277/1269520987/MW600__UG_EN_1236-6504_1.pdf

I tried to copy and paste the instruction but the icons didn't come over and I can't create them for you, so I've typed the button names in blue print and inserted a picture that should help you to locate the ones being discussed.

Good Luck.

Resetting the headset

Reset the headset if it behaves unexpectedly. Resetting the headset removes all information about paired devices.

To reset the headset

1, Make sure the headset is turned off.

2. Press and hold down Power Button (5) until the pairing indication appears.

3. Simultaneously press and hold down Power Button (5) and The Call Button (2) until the headset turns off.

MW600.bmp