Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: Problems with LiveSound MH-1 when using outdoor

I´m definitely for standardization in this case. There is no competitive advantage in this specific area. The problem is that a so-called standard actually only becomes a standard if it is supported by a strong majority. That is not a fact when it comes to the OMTP. The OMTP standard is obviously not a standard for the market, not in this matter anyway, it is only a standard for a minority of the market.  In any electronics store that is a retailer for headsets this is proved by the fact that only a VERY small percentage of the headsets is compatible with the SE Xperia Neo.

I have over the years been a supporter of SE (and before that Ericsson). Recently my daughter argued for HTC and Iphone but I defended SE and the purchase of a new phone was postponed. The specifications of the SE Xperia Neo is excellent, but I have to admit that this problem brought second thoughts regarding the next purchase of a phone to a family member. Today we are five of us and each of us have a SE.

It is the consumers that is the loosers in this situation. Our options are severely limited. This is very unsatisfactory.

Trustee
Markus

It is (at least was, not sure how many still are using OMTP) a standard. If others have switched to CTIA there's no reason why we should not be able to as well. I just have no info right now saying we will.

I'll forward your feedback as a request.

Don't think I can get any feedback myself since it would be a pretty big business decision to make (and I don't think I would be given the benefit of bringing the news :smileyhappy:).

Just for the record - I am very pro for standardization in most cases. It should be easy to buy accessories without having to compare compatibility and manufacturers.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello, I am french ( sorry if my english is not very good ^^' ) and I have the same problem as you since I've got this MH1 headset ( in mid-december ).

I use it on my Xperia Arc, outside and at home.

The drop always occur ( never on the two earphones at the same time ). Sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes it's about hours.

It started with the right ear and now that's the left which have the issue.

Trustee
Markus

Do you have the problem both indoors and outdoors?

Does the volume come back to normal after some time? Please describe your problem as detailed as possible.

Your English is fine by the way. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

So yeah, I have the problem indoors and outdoors and yes the volume come back after some time but I don't know how.

When unpluged the volume come back to normal after a random delay ( I would say it takes at least between 15minutes and half an hour ).

When reconnected immediately ( once or multiple times, this doesn't change anything ) the problem is lasting.

To make the sound come back I unplug the device, I shake the earphones and I slightly twist the cable but I have no idea if it helps.

Trustee
Markus

Thanks for the info. I've highlighted this thread to the team investigating this so it's very appreciated to get this input. :smileyhappy:

SEA_ttle

Hey there,
I'm living in UK. Bought my MH-1 headset new seperate. My phone is Live with Walkman.
Usually use them while riding my bike to or from work. And the volume drops down in right earphone to minimum. It appears in lower temperatures than 10 and usually when its raining.
Today this problem appeared again but noticed that in right earphone volume dropped for hi-mid freq but for low freq it didn't made that big difference. When I got home, after a while, probably 30 minutes the sound slowly returned.
My opinion, that problem is in metal casings that somehow affects speaker. When it's raining, the moisture "helps" problem to appear, because water is better thermal conductor and affect metal by cooling it faster. I will buy balaclava to see if keeping them in warm helps the deal.
P.S. Sorry to say that, but I'm happy that I'm not the only nutcase with this problem. I started to think for buying another pair. This saved my money and nerves.
Hope to hear any response from SE testing labs.
Merry Christmas folks.

Anonymous(anon)

I have had the same problem with my headset. I imported the MH-1 headset from the UK through Amazon.UK (I live in the US; I imported this headset because it is not available in the US and I kept reading online reviews that the sounds quality was superb).

Whenever I use the headset outdoors the volume in one earbud drops, then the other earbud follows (usually the right goes first, then the left). And a couple of times I have had the problem in which the volume drops on both earbdus at the same time.

This problem has happened to me 2 times indoors after a prolonged session of music listening, so I'm not sure if this may be a temperature related issue. Perhaps this is a manufacturing problem rather than weather related?

I purchased the headset in the begining of December online (Amazon.UK). The production week is 11W34.

I would like to return this headset, but I am reading that people are having the same problem with their replacements, so I'm not sure there is even a point to it. And the cost for shipping may not be worth it.

This is kind of frustrating because this is the first time I have been let down by the quality of a Sony Ericsson product. They always have great quality when it comes to phones, and headsets, except for this MH-1 livesound.

I am glad, and at the same time dissapointed, that I am not the only one having this problem. Hope SE has a fix for this soon.

By the way, I use a Xperia Ray.

Trustee
Markus

Thanks for adding your experience to the discussion.

It's still being investigated and I don't have any new info on this so far.

A replacement might be a good idea since all LiveSound's don't have this issue. I have personally still not encountered this one single time. I'm using my headset at work, outdoors, at the gym etc.

It's insanely warm here in Sweden for being December so I have so far not exposed it to extreme temperatures.

Anonymous(anon)

I can confirm this issue. Is there some noise reduction feature that goes into overdrive or something?

I just had my handset replaced. Before, the volume was low in the right earpbud when used outside for a while. It usually came back after a while of not using the phone. Most of the time it only happend outdoor but one day the sound in the right earbud never came back up again. The left one went quiet too a few days after that. The volume on max was barly audible at that point.

Hope this new set works better, since this issue is a real pain.