Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

w910i refuses to turn on

Hi,

Before the problem happened, i left my phone on in standby mode.

I discovered after the problem happened, the phone was permanently shutdown, nothing i did (trying all the keys, taking battery out etc) could turn it on again.

When I charged it, it still refused to turn on.

The only thing that happened when it was under the charger was that the top left key and 'main' middle button in the directional keypad light up in red. The other non numerical keys light up to varying degrees of brightness, but the top left and middle key are the brightest for some reason.

Could someone kindly advise, I would like to have my functioning phone back.

Thanks!

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: w910i refuses to turn on

Use the update service to update or re-install the software via PC and failing that, perform a phone repair via PC suite.

Anonymous(anon)

hi,

the problem is that i can't even activate the phone at all, even with a full battery.

when i connect the phone to the pc, the same buttons light up in the same red colour just like when connected to a charger.

the screen is still blank just like when it is turned off.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

When using the update service via PC or performing a phone repair via PC suite the phone needs to be switched off anyway.

Anonymous(anon)

hi i tried connecting the phone to the pc via usb but the phone reacted in the same way as when it is being charged (i.e. the left navigation button is lights up in red).

any other advice?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Have you tried taking the battery out for a few minutes to make sure the phone is actually off?

Anonymous(anon)

yes. i have tried turning it on with and without the battery (when it is being charged).

I have taken the battery out for hours and replaced it to no avail.

Every combination regarding the battery and charger has been attempted.

But the bottom line is that with or without the battery, the phone cannot be turned on. With the charger or the usb cable, the left navigation button lights up in red.

My problem is similar to another guy's w910i in this link (http://www.expansys-usa.com/ft.aspx?k=112364) with the exact same symptoms, but that forum thread has no solution other than to send it in for repair. However my warranty has expired.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Well I'm afraid that since your phone is completely unresponsive, the only option is to send it in for repair.

Anonymous(anon)

fantastic. since i'm not under warranty, will i be charged for repairs or replacement if done at the SE service centre? normally how much would that cost?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

You have to ask them for the price.