Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Wt19i live with walkman wont turn back on after battery got fully discharged.

Hi, I recently got Sony Ericsson live with walkman and couple days ago battery got completly drained and phone turned off it self, at the end of the day I pluged the charger into the phone and the phones red light wont turn on that usually shows its charging. And the phone it self only vibrates when i hit the power button once and nothing happends. So i thougt ok battery probably is bad. Bought a new battery more powerful one with 2200mah, I plug that one in and I get the same thing.

So hers what phone does next when I try something.

When pluged to the charger, battery gets warm but the phones red light does not turn on.

Phone vibrates when I try to turn in on once and does nothing else.

The phone does not turn on or even my pc cannot see it when I plug it into computer.

So I have no idea what to do, I talked to the compnay and hers what they said, I dont know if its true but heres what they said:

Phone for sure is no problem, just because you have fully drained your battery so that by normal charging, you cannot pump up the battery again. And for your.second battery, is it an.original one.? You must use a more powerful external charger to pump up your original battery, do you understand?

The guy is in hong kong so I gues this is why he talks like that but anyways, I am confused and hoping someone will help me out with this issue. Thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Wt19i live with walkman wont turn back on after battery got fully discharged.

Using not original battery's is not recommended.

If battery is completely empty and you connect the charger, it usually takes some minutes first.

Fully draining battery shouldn't kill or hurt your phone's battery. I have done it few times already, no problem with reloading.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Wt19i live with walkman wont turn back on after battery got fully discharged.

try a different micro USB cable, and yeah the problem seems to be the battery, you should contact that vendor

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Alright, first of all thanks for trying out to help me you two, really apreciate it.

I have Fixed My phone my self. So what was the problem? It was a software crash, the phones system was not working. That is why I could not turn the phone on, battery light would not work, the phone would not charge and is why my pc could not find the phone either.

How I fixed it? I was serfing web for couple hours and found a post where some guys used a Sony Ericsson Service update. The thing basically reinstalls your phones software even if phone is crashed and not working. I dowloaded the software and installed it. After I ran it it asked me what kind of phone i have and it told me how to make it so my phone would be recognized. Basically you hold bottom Volume button and connect the phone usb to the computer. The phone instally gets found by computer. Then you hit next and it reinstalls the software. And vola it works.

The softwares name is Sony Ericsson Update_Service.

Also, my origional battery is a toast. If I would not have my new battery around the phone would not be able to connect to the pc and install the new system on the phone. Because you have to have 50% of battery power present. I bought a battery from Japan with 2200mah from ebay, and the battery is much better than origional 1200mah. Phone works with no problems so far.

Other than that Im happy, now I know what to do if I get any similar trouble with the phones system.

Anonymous(anon)

I have a similar problem, i maid an update to the sony ericsson wt19i and after that he turned off and now doesnt turn on.

Could be a software crash? I follow the instructions, i made de update and im waithin he turns on

How long takes to restart after an update?

Anonymous(anon)

Yes after the update it might take a minute or 2 for the phone to turn on. Just be patient. The screen will be blank for that time and when its done the logo will come out on the screen as usually.

But, tell me what exactly did you do. What update software have you used?

But technically heres what needs to be done.

1. Download the Sony Ericsson Update_Service software.

2. Install it.

3. plug in your phone while holding negative volume button, the blue light should turn on and pc should find the phone. The software basically tells you what to do.

4. Then just hid reinstall the software and thats it you done.

Just going to tell you one thing, after I did that update and fixed my phone. It crashed same way again and I had to redo the whole thing all over.

I found a forum where the guys moded the firmware for the phone. I tried it and the phone had no issues since my last post in here.

Let me know what you need, I will help as much as I can.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Update Service (SEUS)

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

my live with walkman was not turning on i tried to update using update service but my phone was not detected by holding the volume down key can anyone give me the solution for this

Anonymous(anon)

can i know where did u get the battery?

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah I got it off ebay. Heres the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-2430MAH-HIGH-BATTERY-FOR-SONY-ERICSSON-ST15i-XPERIA-MINI-WT19-WALKMAN-/...

I also bought a rubber cover for the phone and it feels bigger and more protected.

And I recently went off with a modded firmware for the phone and it looks and works even better. The llifespan of battery is longer. I got xkernel booter and hydroman v16 firmware and works awesome, can even overlcock phone to 2Mghz. Never need to but nice to have that feature.

As far as ajsarath comment, I dont know why your phone doesnt get recognized. As long as its off and you hold volume down key and plug it to usb it should recognize, if not I have no clue whats wrong with it.