Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
teco

Re: WT19 Live With Walkman Proximity Sensor Problem

No, I have no screen protectors at all, just have the phone for a couple of days, if you need any other information just hurry in asking it, I already asked for a refund, and the store is coming to pick it up.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi teco,

I don't want to be impolite but why didn't you read the whole thread hear at first before posting? I can se 4, maybe more posts regarding already known issue and in addition, there's a final "solution" for you.

If you read this thread at first, you would find that:

1) it's HW related issue detected at the mainboard of this phone (front cover replacement won't fix this)

2) switching into SE service mode can definitely prove whether your issue is proximity sensor related or not

3) my case definitely proved there ARE new produced series without proximity sensor related issues

So, don't post what is known and rather try to get your phone repaired (or better replaced) if you still want to stay with this model....posting 4-times or more without any new information only makes our mailboxes full of useless spam in case we've subscribed for email notifications to this thread.

Thanks for understanding :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia series have completely different "calling skin" and believe me it's much more difficult to touch them with your face/ear during a call compared to WT19 skin....however, as I wrote above, this is a HW issue and can be fixed by mainboard replacement...try this or choose another SE model....if you don't want to give SE chance getting your phone fixed....

One time poster
teco

Far away from  being impolite with you as well Mr.xkovi, I can understand that you are happy now after spending some time and gas looking forward to have your brand new product working well. I can't say the same about my brand new SonyEricsson Live with Walkman, which is not working at least as the most cheap phone you find in the stores, my mobile phone is not malking "phone calls" properly , what is the least that I can expect from a "smart" phone. I am trying to point out that many phones of this model might be sold, and why not tell are being sold right now with this major problem. In my understand this defect deserves a recall from the factory.By the way, again not being impolite, if you are from SE, please feedback them asap, so they can fix this issue  sooner if they can. I'm affraid that could have many people bying this phone right now , and if they happen to get a bugged unit , go to a service center, they test it like for instance using the service test *#*# etc, they are going to state that the unit is ok, and many people will spend time and gas without any results.

Thanks for yr understanding, and forgime for any emotion, but I went to the stores serching for a good brand name, expecting quality, payed more for that, and just cannot swallow a smartphone that has big troubles on make regular phone calls.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi teco,

I'm little bit confused what you wrote....there's a big misunderstood at your side...let me sum up it in points:

• 1) I only wanted to point out that your issue with proximity sensor is already known and this thread includes detailed description of all related consequences, possible tests and you've been advised what to do to fix your phone

- it's a HW issue

- screen protector doesn't cause this

- you can immediately verify proximity sensor issue via SE service menu

- the only way to fix this is giving it back to seller or SE service center to leave your phone being repaired (or rather replaced with new mainboard)

• 2) great joke with your notice about me as "a man from SE" :smileylaugh: As you could find in this thread I had to wait almost 2 months to get my phone fixed (it was 2x given back to service center) and since this was a Christmas gift to my girlfriend who was then without her new phone till the end of Feb12....believe me, I'm the last who could have been satisfied with this...and of course I'm not from SE (actually I work in HP and use HP Palm Pre2, wish I had at least any phone like this with Android...)

• 3) the only one who is from SE is Markus - and as you can see he has already thanked for my feedback

So, please and don't feel angry with me - what I want is to keep basic rules for technical discussions "read first, then ask"

As you can see your posts didn't bring anything new for us in this thread and so you could sum up your issue/emotions into ONE post instead of starting 4-times by replying to each particular post....

....which generates (useless in this case) notifications to all subscribers for this thread...

I can assure you I really know how angry you have to be about your phone at the moment, my experience proves it and again I can only advise you to bring the phone back to your seller and hope the next one /in my case the second one :smileyhappy:/ will be ok...

In other words this phone is worth buying then....

One time poster
teco

Hei Mr. xkovi, I'm definitively not angry with you. When I posted the same subject in different topics, I was trying to help people to diagnose this for now called hardware problem, since in a first instance, it is not so clear for a user to realise what is going on , in my example, I thought it was the location with bad reception, lost lots of calls to finally identify mute mic and hangs problems. Please note that people are opening up topics with different names for the same problem as they describe de fault as a user. This problem is reported also on Xperia mini, and could, I said could, be on others models, since the proximity sensor and its associated hardware / calibration might be used on many other SE models. What bothers me, is some people from SE support advising for cleaning up the mic orifice to remove dust as I've read on other topic. So my intention was converge the understanding of this very annoying , elementar defect. I consider my own problem solved, since I am returning my SonyEricsson Live with Walkman to the store. By the way, if this problems is going to be solved by replalcing the main board, which is about the whole phone,I 'd suggest SE to replace the unit itself, what is going to be cheaper and more reliable for both parts , client and manufacturer. Mr. xovi, I am sorry that you have considered my posts as spam, and you can relax now, this is my final post.

Anonymous(anon)

Still think you haven't understood my complaint at all....

Problem was that your posts replied to already "fixed/answered" issues/questions which led us to identify the problem is exclusively in proximity sensor and only available fix is replacement of mainboard (actually the whole phone with new one from latest produces series).

When I (and other subscribers) saw 5 new posts in this thread I thought there's something new and interesting to know but it was only duplication of already known status and this made me disappointed...

Hope you'll find another SE model without any proximity sensor issue very soon and give us your feedback then. Thx in advance.

One time poster
Petyaaa

Hello,

Same problem here :smileysad:

I recently got my Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman as a present, and I love it. The problem is this proximity sensor bug, that switches on and off during conversations and causes the Mute button to be touched, making as a result almost any conversaion annoying and problematic.

I tested the sensor through the service menu (*#*#7378423#*#*) and it definitely has a problem.

Wrote to SE Support and I'm waiting for an answer. Maybe I can get a replacement, but how can I be sure that the next one will not have the same problem? :smileysad: I don't want to change the phone, beside this problem it's just the best phone for my needs and preferences! :smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Petyaaa,

don't worry about your problem...please read patiently this thread and you'll find all answers you need...

You need to get your phone replaced (or rather your mainboard) to fix your problem...don't wait for anything and go directly back to your seller....unfortunately you can't be sure the next one will be ok (my experience proved it can take longer....only the second one was ok) but there are already produced series without this problem....as you could read my experience described in post above...

GL!