Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

W595 - no signal on any network, no access to contacts

Hi folks, hoping someone can help me out here.

I have a Sony Ericsson W595

This afternoon I went to make a call and found I couldn't get into my contacts list - I'd press select and nothing would happen. The phone would not be frozen, however. Then, on my "recent calls" list all my contacts' names had been replaced with an "e" with an acute accent. Later, I lost signal so took the battery out and replaced it, which didn't help. My message counter and phone theme were reset but the time and date were not. I removed and replaced the SIM card, which also had no effect.

I then put my SIM card in a Motorola Pebl and got full signal and could receive texts again, so I assume it is a phone fault, not a SIM problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Demigod
KrazyD

Re: W595 - no signal on any network, no access to contacts

It seems as though the phone is barred most likely found or stolen.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for replying.

Would this mean the phone won't work but the sim card will, then? And how can I find out if this is the case?

Demigod
KrazyD

If many sim cards dont work in the phone but work in other phones then the w595 would be barred either found or stolen.

Anonymous(anon)

My Sony Ericsson C905 has the exact same problem. I called my network provider & they advised me that my handset is not blacklisted nor is there any barring active.

Please let me know if you managed to get your phone working yet?

Demigod
KrazyD

Well if they have advised you otherwise try using Sony Ericsson Update Service and see if that helps.

Anonymous(anon)

My Se W595 has exactly the same problem. It's out of warranty already..

have you solved your problem?

or is there any solution?

One time poster
mae05

have you solved your problem? I also have this kind of problem. at first my sony phone W595 just turnd off then it keeps on restarting. then I ask some one to reprogram it. but just the same problem.

then I ask other person to reprogram it. then its was ok for 5days but then i was surprise that there are no signal with my phone. what will I do.

One time poster
rianne11

Hi,Im also using w595 its almost 5 years now,i have the same problem with this unit,but i managed to keep my phone working by simply reinstalling the firmware if the problem appeared again,if you have a computer at home,try to download a2downloader,and just try to find and download the firmware for w595,but you need to download 2 files,first is the MBN or main file,and second is FS or FBN file,but you need to know if they are the same,for ex. R3EG004 and R3EA307,thats the firmware that im using right now,but if you choose R3Eg004 for example,you need download R3EG004 main and Fs file,and also after flashing those two files,you need to flash what we call TPA which is important for your phone to work,for instructions try this http://www.phcorner.net/threads/se-flashing-using-a2uploader.18643/. i hope it will help you all thanks.