Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
yasasmax

Video Call support for Live with Walkman (WT19i)

Hey SE people,

Please implement the video calling facility for this phone (WT19i).

since it has a built in secondary camera available, it will be really worth if you can give us this feature.

Please consider this kind request.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: Video Call support for Live with Walkman (WT19i)

Thanks for the feedback, although this facility is not within the handset be default you are able to download third party applications from the Android Market to achieve this task.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
yasasmax

Hey Jake,

Thank you for the response on this matter. Yes as you said there are plenty of apps available

who gives video calls support. But none of them using the native Mobile service provider's 3G calling

facility don't they?

All the available apps are using the internet to communicate with each other. Moreover to accomplish

this video calls, the receiving party should also have the same application installed in their mobile phone.

I think you understand what i'm saying. In simple terms, are there any feature requests for this mobile phone to implement Network based 3G video calling facility ?

Demigod
Martha-

Quick answer: No.

As far as I'm aware, this isn't a Google Android OS feature. I've heard in passing that only two devices (from Samsung) offer this network-based video calling.

It's something we've heard requested from people, so we have forwarded it to our planners within the appropriate departments.

Anonymous(anon)

Does Android ice-cream update has video calling feature?????

Anonymous(anon)

please include the native 3G video calling feature along with the IC update...
this feature doesn't depends on the OS as u have already mentioned the availability of the feature in the samsung phones..

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Unfortunately at this stage there are no plans for this feature, however please know that this could change at any time and once or if it does we will advise the public accordingly.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

What i don't understand is this ?

Why we need second camera if there is already 5MP/720p Video camera is there in back side.

For Video Calling

and if i install 3rd party app the other user also needs to have same app installed on their phone which is practically impossible as some are my friend are nokia users some are blackberry and some are android iphone

What was your purpose of giving secondary camera if you are not going to support video call ?

this phone could be best valued phone for money , but this decision has cost you loss of majority of potentail buyers including me ...

Foolish ... absolutely Foolish :smileyangry:

Anonymous(anon)

Sir. Now wt9i can be upgraded to 4.0 version .

I heard that by updating it to 4.0 version we can use secondary camera with 3g video calling .

Sir is it true ? please reply as sson as possible

Anonymous(anon)

is it possible to do vedio calling ( G-talk or Skype ) Live with Walkman (WT19i)