Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson WT19i Android Walkman Phone keeps restarting

Hi, i recently bought a new Sony Ericsson WT19i Android Walkman phone from Dubai. I started using the phone in Bangalore, India sice last 5 days. The phone has been continuously restarting automatically when kept idle or shuts down while talking on the phone. Is viited a Sony Ericsson authorised service center to get this fixed. I came to know that the warranty is invalid in India & i will have to pay for the service. When i gave it for checking the issue, the service engineer returned saying it has been Purchased from Abroad, if the software is installed the network would get locked. He also mentioned that the software varies from country to country which was surprisng to hear. My provblem remains same & I pretty upset that my new phone is not working.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this please. Thanks-Prasanna.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: Sony Ericsson WT19i Android Walkman Phone keeps restarting

If this issue is not related to hardware then, I can only advise updating the phones software using the Update Service.

This may very well ressolve the issue you have with the device.

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1315209439/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.9.6.exe

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

Hi there,

i have updated the phone and reset it several times but this does not resolve the problem it still keeps

restarting at Random times.

If anyone has a solution please help. I will take back to shop soon i think as although this phone is good its useless if it shuts down etc

I may try and contact sony repair centre direct

Anonymous(anon)

hi there

i decrease the program, with uninstall some program from my phone and it work

for a while it doesn't restart again

may be you can try it, but i don't guaranted how long it work

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I would suggest taking the handset back to the place of purchase, as they should be able to resolve this issue for you.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

can I ask what exactly did you uninstall? I have the same issue.

Thanx,

L.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi i took out the sim and memory card did a factory reset with latest software.

I did have a manual copy of "skype on three" which was not from the android market i uninstalled this

I have the normal android market skype installed and it seems onkay for 3 days but i do not have much confidence in the phone which is annoying. Keep up the post everyone and let me know if any of you ahve any solutions of more problems. For a phone that I paid £150 this is not good

Anonymous(anon)

just application like game, ,but it restart again after 4 days

i guest it will restart every 4 days

that is what happen to my phone, maybe different to another

Anonymous(anon)

Hi there,

You are lucky you just have a problem with resetting but I have a worse issue. My phone restarts, and then I cannot anymore access my contact information, friends application and my messages. And to make things even worse, my phone isn't a month old yet...

Anonymous(anon)

Hey, yes mine restarts too and sometimes turns itself off so no one can call me which is useful.

I have uninstalled skype on three and left the android market skype on the phone so will see how it perofrms but i dont hold out much hope. Will take back to shop soon.