Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Ericsson WT19i Android Walkman Phone keeps restarting

yes.. i have 2.3.4 and i get constant update mesages to update my one.. een tough when i chek thru my phone info, its says ur phone is up to date..

when i conct to pc companion.. nothing happens and the update proces doesnt proceeds..

and phone is constantly restarting at many intervals.. fed up..!! i mis my calls!!

in one of thread i found this link

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1323075336/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

will this solve my probs?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes it should

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks.. i will try it shortly..

and just now i recheked, the build number is 4.0.2.A.0.58

Anonymous(anon)

this phone is one of the best androids ever actually .. i love it alot   i just got it since a month now .. but its more than fun .. i dun have any problem with it .. and it dont restart with m  too .. and my memory is 420  not 380 actually .. after all thi  phone i  master piece

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Pushdeep/All...

I was the one who posted this message way back in Nov-2011 since i was pretty upset with the phone.

Had bought it in October-2011 from Dubai & started using it in India. I had kept my phone idle for about 3 months. Nothing helped me untill i upgraded the firmware to 4.0.2.A.0.62.

This has worked & my phone is working to its fullested potential (touch wood:smileywink:smileyhappy:. I am now able to install apps, listen to good music, play games, etc. use WiFi without issues in the phone. Really happy now.. :smileyhappy:.. People already bought the phone & having the problem of restarting, suggest to do this upgrade...

Anonymous(anon)

Does anyone know how to apply this stuff http://www.mediafire.com/?5e15meced9e05sa

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you expect us to download a file w/o knowing what it is ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Definitive fix for WT19i keep restarting. Firstly thanks to PROSABS and DARKLIFT for the solutions to this problem.

My phone kept restarting from new and this fix worked for me. The Sony PC Companion software stated my phone was up to date with version 4.0.1.A.0.283. This version caused my phone to restart in idle and sometimes when unlocking.

I used the links from post number 103 from DARKLIFT to get the USBFLASHDRIVER.EXE and the WOTANCLIENT.EXE running. Once on the wotanserver it had a free trial so i gave my email and replied to their email. it did not seem to allow me to activate my account but i was able to login with my email and password after replying.

Once on the wotan server i had trouble getting it to recognise my phone. The key i had to press when plugging in my USB cable was the volume down button this is the service button. Thanks to ULIWOOLY in post 107 for this info.

I unplugged my sim card for good measure when taking out my battery.

I then used wotanserver and took my firmware straight to version 4.0.2.C.0.5 i did not bother with firmware 4.0.2.A.0.6.x which people say also works.

20 mins to update then unplugged and put my sim card back in and it is working perfect with version 4.0.2.C.0.5 thanks to this support group my new phone finally works.

Sony PC Companion needs to be urgently updated by Sony Ericsson to recognise 4.0.2.C.0.5 as the latest firmware this will stop the dread we have when using third party software ie wotanserver to fix the problem. I must have held my breath for about a minute and a half as it held on my network provider screen before starting successfully.

Still restarting. See post 150 for solution.

Anonymous(anon)

The newest, official firmware for Xperia phones is 4.0.2.A.0.62 and that fixes the rebooting issue, has been also confirmed.

4.0.2.C.0.5 is only a regional firmware, available only in UK. This firmware is branded, that means can only be used with one of UK networks. It doesn't include bug fixes, just another type of version.

The reason, why it is not in SEUS, is that it is not officially released.

Anonymous(anon)

My build number is 4.0.2.a.0.58. The only issue I had with the phone was 1 day it restarted about 4 times until i offed it & switched it on and the fact that 2 times my options touch button stopped working. That also was alright after restarting the phone.

Btw i did not update to 4.0.2.A.0.62 because i didnt have any serious problem.

The best solution for these types of issues on any phone is removing the sim and memory card and reinserting :smileyhappy:. It works 90%