Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman w19i gets restarting...

Hey guys.. i bought a sony ericsson live with walkman w19i two days before from singapore and iam using it now in india. It got updated to the firmware version 4.0.2.A.0.58 and got issues of restarting itself when in idle and even when we have a call for just 2-3 minutes. And when i did factory reset, it works fine for 3-4 hours and again it starts restarting. I also tried reinstalling the software via Sony Ericcson update service but there is no use. I also had read another thread in the forum and it is also remains unanswered. Is there any other new updates coming for this phone? Someguy stated that he has updated to a new firmware 4.0.2.C.0.5, is it true and if it is true when will it be available in india?

Awaiting your reply eagerly...

Munaj.

Trustee
Markus

Re: Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman w19i gets restarting...

.58 is the latest software for Live with Walkman. I have not heard about the 4.0.2.C.0.5 your mentioning. It might be true. I have just not received any info of such a software rolling out.

If you've already tried to factory reset the phone and also reinstalled/repaired the software with no change this phone needs to be handed in to a repair centre.

I suggest you call the Indian support team and ask for their guidance here. Since the phone is sold in Singapore you will problably not be able to claim the warranty in India.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

Anonymous(anon)

hi i have bought this phone on jan 1st in india and the restarting problem persists even with android version 2.3.4.......manufacture on 11w47.

first time i am buying a SE phone and thye problem has broke my trust on SE phones....any other solutions u guys have?

Trustee
Markus

Install PC Companion and run a software update, or repair the software if you already have the latest version.

If this won't fix it you should contact the local support team. Since your phone is only 3 days old I suggest you do this pretty soon since some markets offer a 7 days (from purchase) warranty meaning you can get a new one without having it repaired first. Your local support office must confirm this though and if this is in place it's only valid the first 7 days.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

One time poster
devankha

My live cant stay on the homescreen even for 3 seconds without restarting. It goes off then comes back automatically again it repeats several times.I got so angry i removed the battery,that was the only way to stop it.But when i put the battery in again the same thing happens.I dont know what to do please help