Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman - Battery issues

So when my phone dies, I plug it in and then eventually when the LED light turns green I unplug it and turn it on. After I turn it on I see that there is still a little part of the battery at the top that is not charged, and when it is charging while it is turned off and the light is green and I push the home button, the charging screen comes up and shows that all of the battery is not full either. I don't understand this? My phone is new and I thought when it turned green it meant it was fully charged? Please help.

Trustee
Nessa

Re: Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman - Battery issues

The light will turn green once the battery level reaches 90%. Please know that the battery will start to discharge a little after it is fully charged, and then charges again after a certain time. This is to extend battery life and may result in the charge status showing at a level below 100 per cent.

Anonymous(anon)

i bought a brand new xperia live and i charged it for 3 hours before the first use as the seller told me i got the same problem when it was fully charged it showd only 90% of it. i turned on wifi and used the mobile for 3 hours and installed some applications.and now 53% is remaining. is that possible???? please help

gwhispererz

Hi, don't worry. Charge it often and battery life will improve.

Some tips for you .... http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/faq/live-with-walkman/update-software-performance/optimise-the-...

One time poster
azad88in

Yes, that's correct.

The LED colour indicates the charging status of the battery in the following manner.

RED indicates battery below 10%.

AMBER/ORANGE indicates battery between 10% to 90%.

GREEN indicates battery charged to 90% or more.

While charging, press the lock/power button and it will show the exact charged percentage of the battery.

One time poster
dhaarvi

Hi,

My Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman mobile(purchased 1month before) has battery issues for past 1 week. It indicates Low battery status when actual battery level is 30% n immediately it turned off. I don't know why it happens like this.

Kindly anybody help me to resolve this issue. Thank u very much for all reading this,

One time poster
sam29

Mine also same issue regarding battery as of dhaarvi's. Please help.

One time poster
sawan.bhasin

Hi,

I am using sony ericsson live with walkman. My cellphone battery immediately drains out when phone reaches to battery level of 40%, earlier it was 30%? (my cellphone immediately turns off after giving a battery warning) What is the problem with my cellphone? What should i do to get it resolved? Is this problem related to my cellphone or battery?

For your details - it's software is up to date (ICS) and its still under warranty.

I believe i would get an instant and reliable response from you because the service center people make fool of customers. And i dont want to get dissatisfied from your product. Hope you will take this matter on priority basis.

Thank You

One time poster
sawan.bhasin

I am also facing the same problem. sunddenly my phone get switched off giving a warrning message and when i chage it back it shows 40% battery already there. My live with walkman battery suddenly drains out after 40% before it was 30% and my cellphone gets switched off.

Is this a battery issue or cellphone's hardware issue? How can i get it resolved?

Sony Support people kindly revert asap.