Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman : Ambient Light Sensor Not Working!

Hello,

I am Ganesh and I bought WT19i a week ago, and I found that my ambient light sensor is not working. I need to change the brightness everytime manually when I go outside. And this causes my phone to drop its stamina rapidly. I tried to change the settings of the sensor but the configuration for the sensor is not available in the phone. I tried it by updating the firmware and still there is no change in the problem. And I used to play songs through the app named SENSOR MUSIC which allows me to change the songs by waving above the sensor. I hereby found that the music was also allowed to change through the PROXIMITY SENSOR.

I also found a discussion about this problem where a person answered to check the sensor by dialing *#*#7378423#*#*. This code allowed me to check the status of the sensor. In the Ambient Light Sensor status the value remained 0 in the phone, where a friend of mine using XPERIA Mini ST15i also checked the status and the value changes accordingly to the light inside the door as well as outside the door.

I need a solution for this problem to save my battery life. So please someone help me to solve the problem.

My e-mail id is ganesh199331@gmail.com. Please mail me if there is any solution for the problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman : Ambient Light Sensor Not Working!

Ganesh,

Ambient light sensor works only when a certain amount light pass through the sensor

when a no light pass through the sensor the value will be zero and when light pass through the sensor the value changes automatically

7k4c3.png01.png

you can test by going to service menu *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#) then

go to service test-->ambient light sensor

just place some  object on the screen and note  the value it will be zero or one

now go outside and check the value if the value changes from zero to some thing your ambient sensor is working

tested on Live With Walkman

Anonymous(anon)

Thankyou for your reply and it was very helpful and it actually works but the brightness of the display remains the same even after the test. What can i do for that?

One time poster
blistering

The sensor value on my LWW doesnt change. Is there anyway to fix the issue?