Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Trustee
Markus

Re: 'No Service' & Powering off problems in Live with Walkman

Since you've tried pretty much all I can think of I agree with Dr_Chris and his latest post. You should contact the service center again and point this out and have them take another look at your phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Sent the phone back to the dealer frm whom I've bought it!! Hope it will be repaired and I can enjoy d phone! I've bought this phone with so much of excitement.. but all excitement gone in no time with reboot issue at first & No Service issue later....!

As per threads in this forum,in so many Sony ericsson smart phones, this reboot issue exists... It's so disappointing that a good brand like SE has failed to deliver quality products to their customers..Hope these problems will be resolved with new s/w updates...

Will update the status when i recieve the phone after repair...

Anonymous(anon)

whats your production date? thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

hey, i love this phone and desperately want to buy this when i go to Dubai next week. but after reading this i dont feel like buying it because if this deos happen i have to wait another year to go back to Dubai and repair it with warranty. do you think this a common problem?

Trustee
Markus

I would not say it's a common problem. As you can see in this thread, Sandy6ix is the only one mentioning it. Phones can break regardless of phone model but I can't recall seeing that many Live with Walkman users having any problems at all.

I can of course not guarantee it will work though. I can never do that (which is why the phones come with warranty).

Buying a phone on one market and then using it elsewhere where the warranty is not valid is a risk you should be aware of before doing this.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Did you get this issue resolved? I have recently bought this phone and am having the same issue...

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

Rebooting issue has been solved in latest firmware, 4.0.2.A.0.62.

Anonymous(anon)

@Someguyfromhell is right and I believe your 'No Serivce' issue definitely does have something to do with your network/simcard.

Anonymous(anon)

Sandy6ix,

From your long conversation i can able to see that "No Services" error could be caused because of

the scratches on  your sim card.just go to the airtel service center and replace a new sim card and

try it might work for you and i am using Aircel  and for me till now there is no problem with my SE live

with walkman like Restarting issues or No services

And you could try this one to Settings-->Wireless & network settings-->Mobile Networks-->Network

Mode-->Select WCDMA(pref) / GSM

I hope this might help you to solve your problem :smileyhappy: