Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Lots of Problem with Yendo

I don't know which OS your PC is running on, but I suggest you use another PC to update your phone.You could also try running the application in different compatibility mode.

Anonymous(anon)

m using microsoft windows xp.......

and i have evn tried it in other machine also

but m facing te same prob..................

1st the update version comes lyk 2.11.6.12

and after checking for updates for the 1st tym

the version gets to 2.11.6.14

and than the checking for updates goes on and goes on.

Anonymous(anon)

just tap on mass storage .thats alll

Anonymous(anon)

dude I empathise with you. Everyone around me knows how much I despise the Yendo 2nd day after I got it. I had massive problems installing everything. from registering the damn product online (didn't even recognise my IMEI no.) to using update service - won't recognize my damn phone, to installing Mediago - WON'T freaking install. So I went by other routes to figure out (without any support because no matter who i asked i got no replies) i was pissed at how little support there was for this phone, and how bad the quality of this phone is!

Apart from what you mentioned, the most irritating factors were the apparent reset - time keeps resetting to 2010 dec 25 like some stubborn ghost. my sms records would get all messed up cos of this. and sometimes i don't get alerts for my new mails! I had to find out after people tell me in person what the smsed me. -_- It's very cumbersome. there are no shortcut buttons except for the 4. sometimes i feel like i rather have a keyboard than the irritating overscrolling scrollbar, the typo filled type pad, which defeats the touch pad purpose. what's the use of a touch pad if it takes more time using it than on a keypad phone?!

Plus, everytime i plug it into my comp to charge or something, the wallpaper resets. sometimes the time. and sometimes some apps won't work after that. sometimes the pictures don't show up. sometimes the videos aren't recognized (BTW, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY VIDEO to work on the phone yet. all my MP4s are too 'distasteful' to my phone to want to play it, i gather. whatever.).

Plus what's with not beign able to custom our themes? There's only the option to change the wallpaper - which has no brains to alter the picture size to full screen and crop or stretch unless you cut the picture to exact dimensions.. blue isn't a great color for everything you know. I want to custom themes but alas.

I also found out that.. alarm system is really bad. i cannot count on it to ring on time because .. sometimes it won't! esp if i do accidentally snooze it.. the next day the repetition alarm thing.. wow it screws me over and rings like at a weird time it likes.

Also, the fact that there's close to 0 apps available for yendo. IS IT NOT A PHONE?? none of them work because it's not an android os. and apps don't come in our screen size or language or touch screen.

Yendo has extremely poor sensitivity to touch sometimes esp at hte edges of the screen. I tried typing at one particular button on the corner for about 20 minutes before giving up. It's that bad.

And laggy. I can't even complain to my friends how bad this phone is because it literally lags and screws up the typing WHILE i'm trying to compose a sms to my friend to complain about how slow it takes to type. I gave up.

I find that it's easier to live with this phone if you 1) seldom sms 2) have almost no friends 3) dont expect this phone to be reliable 4) don't depend on this phone for emergencies 5) don't really need this phone to listen to music or watch videos 6) have a watch to tell the correct time 7) don't expect people to help you with your yendo problems 8) consider buying a non SE phone to spite them next time.

I intended a short post, but i had to rant. IT REALLY GIVES ME SOOOOOOOO MANY HEADACHES i don't even want to think about this anymore.

but oh. it's pretty. and light. that's all.

Anonymous(anon)

"14. No option to use your own SMS tone."

Hi, is possible to change this thing ? I have w150i zylo. Maybe soft uptade ?

greetings,

Luke

Anonymous(anon)

Any idea as to whether the problems are taken care of with the software update that is available online??

Is SONY ERICSSON doin something about solving all the problems associated with this phone?

or are they just sleepin over it??

Anonymous(anon)

frnd as all u said even i m facing issues with yendo, this phone freezes every now and then, i have updated the software even though i m facing issues some times i cannot view any songs in the list at all, i m requesting SE to provide solutions for this issues if not give us an option to change our set to other.

Anonymous(anon)

any one give me details regarding yendo update service software.... my yendo got hung..... nd i used update service it asked me to keep pressing the home  button.... i held it for half an hour no changeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... suggest me plz

Anonymous(anon)

Its only one day with the yendo and i think se has made the biggest mistake in its shining history

1. This phone's UI is horrible (at best that also)

2. Its like SE wants only it's theme on this phone or what? I mean common I WANT TO COUSTOMIZE THIS BLOODY PHONE

3. No apps at all

4. Lags a lot

5. Memory problem

6. Featureless

i had a SE P1i and its at least 5 years old but it WAS(regretlyfully) a better phone (feature wice, UI wise, Performence wise, and in everyway wise)

i thought that Since P1i was an EXELENT PHONE from SE others might also be good but YENDO is a shoker.

it feels that i have been downgraded from an older phone.

and the worst part is i have to stick with this thing for at least 2 more years now......................................

Now tell me               

can i put android on this phone?

it might enhance this bloody phone...........................a bit

or what?

Anonymous(anon)

Can any one confirm if there is any update available for YENDO?