Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Live with Walkman: Background noise while playing Music

Unfortunately, I'm also experiencing this problem as well. I discovered this static noise last night when listening in a quiet ambient. There would be a static noise whenever a sound is played and it would end in a few seconds after the sound has stopped. After playing or pausing a music, if you listen carefully, you will notice a sound that will hint you that the static noise has stopped. This was clearly noticeable when I used my MDR-EX10 earphones rather than the ones that came with the phone.

An alternative way to hear the static noise is by "pulling down to refresh" in the official Twitter app.

I have everything updated in my phone. Have the latest software, also tried re-installing but no luck.

Model number is WT19i, Froyo Android. I hope you'll fix this problem in the upcoming ICS update, otherwise this is a huge letdown from its Walkman - music name. This was advertised mainly for its sound quality and yet it fails to do its work.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello, I have same problem, electrostatic noise when playing music on minimal volume, but noise is gone when i plug charger in phone. I go with my wt19i in service center, they say " there is no problem,

no electrostatic noise". They only upgrade 4.0.2.A.0.62. But problem still here. The authorized service center isn't competent of this problem. What i need to do in this situation?

p.s Im from Russia, sorry for my bad English.

Anonymous(anon)

Charlotte wrote:

I hope you'll fix this problem in the upcoming ICS update

These problem not in software, update ICS not fix it.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello I have the same problem with noise as the boys and I was very sad. I would like to hear from the moderators to fix the problem.

sorry for my english

One time poster
slowdive

I reported that problem back in December.

There were no reports from other users here.

But on a Portuguese forum a few users complained.

So if the SE support of your country tells you are the 1st one to complain, print and show this threads, from here and from other forums.

The store replaced my SE walkman for a new one.

The noise is still there, but is 80% less than the previous walkman, so i consider my problem solved.

There are hearphones with noise cancelation that worked well with my 1st SE.

For this 2nd SE it's not needed, because the sound is very low, compared to my 1st SE.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello! Testing Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(rev.4, 11w47), said the crackling sound in the headphones when listening to music on the minimum volume. Noise is present not only in the headphones, but also in the speakers. When increasing the volume of the sound, the noise does not disappear, it simply can't be heard. Always listen to music on the minimum volume. The problem, for me, very significant. Unpleasant to listen to the noise annoying. I didn't understand English. I'm from Russia.

Anonymous(anon)

i'm from indonesia and i experience the same problem here.

the problem is almost exactly the same, the headset keep playing noise when playing music.

but what make it worse is, the stereo speaker also making noise too.

what is strange is that the previous two weeks my phone worked very well, but today the problem come.

i'm going to take it to sony service center tomorrow but i'm really pessimistic after reading comments here.

anyone has your phone really repaired? will sony replace our broken phone with a new one?

since we are customer and our phone is still under guarantee coverage, i think we deserve a new phone.

Community Manager
Johan

I have now forwarded this for investigation, even though I can't replicate the problem I still think it needs to be checked. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything about this.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Anonymous(anon)

Take part in this short review. Thank you that watch for the forum. But I want to solve the problem the software. The problem is complicated and repair center in my city does not help. A lot of people gave a detailed description of the problem. This will help you in Troubleshooting. Believe in the help. Good Luck in work!

Anonymous(anon)

thank you for your attention and cooperation, really apreciate that.

really hope this problem will be solved soon.