Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

LWW brightness is randomly changing

Hi,I'm not that good at english,,,,I brought my LIVE WITH WALKMAN in Christmas 2011 which is version 2. and my problem is that I was observing my screen's brightness that it was randoly increasing and decreasing....IS it a hazard? or harmful to my handset???

Trustee
Markus

Re: LWW brightness is randomly changing

The screen brightness will adjust accordingly to the lighting conditions. In other words, this is supposed to happen. The auto-brightness cannot be turned off.

Anonymous(anon)

But in my handset it was observed as flowing liquid whose brightness is slightly changing and even when light conditions are not changed.

Trustee
Markus

Hmm. I'm not sure if I understand the problem. Can you please try to detail? ...or maybe find a youtube video of a similar problem?

On the top the front there's a sensor. If you cover this the screen brightness will change. Make sure this is not what you're doing.

To test if this sensor is working properly you can open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*. This will open the service menu. Tap on Service tests > Ambient Light Sensor. Place the phone on a table and observe the presented value for 5-10 seconds. Use your hand to cover the sensor and watch the value. It should drop. Keep holding your hand for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this a few times to make sure it's working properly.

Anonymous(anon)

Even the above instructions are followed the phone showing its value as 0 even tested many times....

It means Is it working or not?

Trustee
Markus

If it only displays 0 it's not working as supposed.

You can try to repair the software using PC Companion. This will wipe the phone's internal storage so make sure to back up all data to the SD card or SIM card (or sync it to external servers, e.g. Google sync).

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Let me know if this fixed the problem or not.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Dear Marcus.
You are a Sony Xperia support member. The upgrade to ICS is planned soon for this smartphone.
You can not contact to software developers and suggest him to add this function (switch on/off autobrightness)?

Please, don't ignore this. Many peoples have this problem.
This "flashing screen" is irritating...

Best Regards,

Trustee
Markus

I can of course forward your comment as a request for change but I cannot promise it will be included.

ICS has already started to roll out and this feature is not included so far and I don't think any big changes will be made. With that said I don't know how big a change it would be to add this feature.

We have to wait and see. :smileyhappy: