Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Electric noise can be heard using Live with walkman with a head set

Good job!

Even with three friends of the same defect.

It's time to pay attention to this Se!

Anonymous(anon)

i'm from indonesia and i experience the same problem here.

the problem is almost exactly the same, the headset keep playing noise when playing music.

but what make it worse is, the stereo speaker also making noise too.

what is strange is that the previous two weeks my phone worked very well, but today the problem come.

i'm going to take it to sony service center tomorrow but i'm really pessimistic after reading comments here.

anyone has your phone really repaired? will sony replace our broken phone with a new one?

since we are customer and our phone is still under guarantee coverage, i think we deserve a new phone.

Community Manager
Johan

See my reply about this in this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/171135#171135

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
yasasmax

Thanks for the response. Please watch the attached youtube video if you are looking for how to recreate this. Yet there can be many technical ways that you could replicate this issue.

Main this is you need to find a quite environment before doing anything.

1.) Find a noise cancell head set.

2.) Play some music.

3.) Reduce the volume to zero.  ( Walkman is still playing)

4.) You will hear the cracking electric noise in the background.

Anonymous(anon)

Another way to hear noise when recording a sound, its a service test. Dial a number *#*#7378423#*#* then go to the menu "Service tests> Microphone" or " Service tests>second  Microphone", Record the sound and listen.

One time poster
yasasmax

Any updates from the investigation ?

Community Manager
Johan

No news yet unfortunately, I'll let you know as soon as I get any info.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

What I wanna say is i'm not only hearing the noise also hearing poor quality of music interms of poor volume...!

Anonymous(anon)

I came To know one thing after reading this thread...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/27986

In first edition of this phone the sound is louder and also the noise can be hearable cleanly both in headsets & loud speaker.

In second edition (that one i got) they(SE Team) came to know there is some H/W problem and also they didn't resolve it, they just did reducing the volume level to fool the buyers that there is no noise while listening the music through headphones.(But still present while listening via Stereo Loud Speakers)

What i wanna say is the sound quality that i'm hearing in my 15000 Rupees ($ 300) phone... i can get more in 1500 Rupees ($ 30) mp3 player...!

One time poster
ThunderBird5

I havent heard any problem noise on my LWW but I have to suggest the video is not a fair test the LWW audio 3.5 mm jack is 4 wire (tip ring ring sleeve) and by using a 3 wire jack you are shorting out some of the connections. The mic connection and one of the audio out connections have voltage on them, used for signalling, if you are shorting that voltage then expect noise and crackling.

I made a special cable for mine which provides the correct resistance to signal the LWW that a heaset is connected. If you have noises when using the genuine LWW earphones with the 4 wire plug then yes there may be a fault. 3 wire plug into LWW = no fault because wrong plug is used.

I did not find this info anywhere on the net but I needed it for a cord to use the LWW as an oscilloscope and FFT spectrum analyzer, also so I can listen to the FM radio without a headset plugged in.

I am still on sw  ver .283 so I guess my phone is "old" (purchased 8 weeks ago)

Ralph