Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
yasasmax

Electric noise can be heard using Live with walkman with a head set

I'm using live with walkman (wt19i) Phone , since last December.

Ever since i'm hearing an electrical noise when i connect in a head set to this device.

If you are worrying about the word "electrical spark noise" , well i don't have any better word for this.

This issue recreates as follows.

1.) Connect a 3.5mm head set to the phone.

2.) Play some music from the player.

3.) pause the music.

4.) Listen the (Electric spark  like)  noise coming from your head set for a while.

5.) If screen goes black ( locked ) noise stops. (Player still paused)

If you want to listen to this more clearly find an audio cable with 3.5mm jacks in both ends,

Plug the other end to your stereo system. Do the same above steps.

Problem is : This noise continues in background when the player playing some music.

This happens with the default head set given by SE,

as well as beats by dre and candy skull head sets. ( or use any noise cancellation head set)

Please solve this annoying noise. Really appreciate the help.

One time poster
hunkyycbz

Re: Electric noise can be heard using Live with walkman with a head set

yes i noticed the same in my car system but not in headsets..

One time poster
yasasmax

yeah, even  if you use high quality head set (with noise cancellation ear buds) this annoying electric sparks can be heard.

One time poster
yasasmax

Any reply from SE ?   :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you yasaasmax, I have been trying to explain this problem in a thrread few days back. I sometimes get frightened when this electric spark is heard. This issue is also present in the iPod touches but very very rare. Like once in a month when changing songs. But, on the LWW, when listening to music using the in-ear headphones, this sound is heard when changing a song and simetimes when loading a game when listening to music.

SONY, please fix this otherwise SHAME on you for not fixing this simple problem.

One time poster
yasasmax

yeah, i think more likely this seems to be a hardware issue ( i'm not so certain about that). Because

electrial signal is passing to the head set even the player is in pause state.

But in LWW it's worse. that noise continues in the back ground even when the player is running.

I think here we have two scenarios.

1.) Big electric beep pattern when we connect this device to a head set/ stereo system.

2.) Background electric noise while playing/ paused from any media player

However , really appreciate SE can fix or pay some attention on this issue.

I wonder why no SE representative has given any response yet.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, I did some testing yesterday. The issue is related to the cpu not giving the walkman player enough priority. I started by downloading poweramp and google music. Fixed their settings. Played some music through the speaker and the haedset with both players. VOILA!! no static noise. Then, I used avast! mobile antivirus to see how many threads these players were using. The number of threads these two players were using were more high than the walkman player. Then, as soon as I started playing with  the walkman player, THE NOISE WAS BACK AGAIN. I also noticed the sound from my speaker during testing.

SO, my conclusion is this issue is hardware and software. The walkman music player must be developed with better "wakelock" api and must be given higher priority.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello, I have same problem, electrostatic noise when playing music on minimal volume, but noise is gone when i plug charger in phone. I go with my wt19i in service center, they say " there is no problem,

no electrostatic noise". They only upgrade 4.0.2.A.0.62. But problem still here. The authorized service center isn't competent of this problem. What i need to do in this situation?

p.s Im from Russia, sorry for my bad English.

One time poster
yasasmax

Woow. Indeed. as you said , noise has gone when i connect the the phone through usb cable.

Thank you voines88 pointing out that.

So my feeling is this is definetely something related to the hardware circuits. :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, its hardware problem...but my Service Center dont see these problem. im so sad:smileysad:,because this is my first sony android smartphone.