Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
imkaush

Re: Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

Thanks for your reply Markus!

Where can I psubmit such feature/change requests to Sony officially?

Thanks in advance!

Trustee
Markus

Re: Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

You just did! :smileyhappy:

I have forwarded your comment as a change request. Fingers crossed. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
imkaush

That's great!

Thanks a lot!

Me too fingers crossed...:smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks Mark.

i tried to install PC Companion(25mb). Initially i faced some problem while installing it(error displayed in a popup title sony PC companion). however it got installed. will follow your advice.

But how to take the backup of my phone contacts, messages and others.....where are these stored. from your above reply i guess that only the phone memory will be cleaned up? right?

Hope this UI(4 corner widgets) will change in ICS or utleast hoping that there will be option to remove it.

Trustee
Markus

I suggest you download a Backup & Restore app from Play Shop before doing this if you do not wish to synchronize. My Backup is a great app I can recommend.

One time poster
Qlian

Hi,

After reading this forum, I used to leave my protective film, but it didn't fix the problem.

I hope Sony will fix it somedays...

One time poster
Petyaaa

Same here - great phone, awful bug! Also described in this thread:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/29602?tstart=0

My question to Markus is : if it's a mainboard problem, is it possible to be fixed via a software like ICS?

One time poster
Petyaaa

Hello saran,

Did you try the solution that Markus suggested, with PC Companion repair? Will you share your results? Thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi team,

I a using Xperia mini pro, sk17i and having this annoying issue of mute button activation during call. I usually likes to keep my phone and ear in a small distance since my ear will swet during long lasting calls. So my proximity sensor cant catch the situation. this leads to enable the screen and thus the mute button. most of the time it leads to mute. It is very annoying for users like us. Do Sony really cant make a solution for this? Please keep this in mind when you plan for next Software update, and consider this as a request for that. I think the best solution is to allow to configure the call widget. So some people like me can avoid this mute button from call screen.

Thanks and regards,

Anand

Trustee
Markus

I'll forward your feedback to the developers. For now I suggest you keep the phone close to your ear and then wipe the sweat of if once in a while during long calls. :smileyhappy:

You can also press the power button once when the call is active to turn of the display. You will however have to press it again to activate it.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.