Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

Master
slimshaddy

Re: Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

no you cannot..

you may try some other call widget , search in the android market \ google play..

Trustee
Markus

Re: Alternatively, can I move the mute button to somewhere else on the screen or remove it entirely?

What phone model do you have any why do you want to do this?

Is it in your way or causing any trouble?

It's not possible to move it in any of our phones but I would still like to know this so I can forward your comment.

Anonymous(anon)

Iam using Live Walkman WT19i. I really love to have this phone.....with some -ve experience...

I guess the above user is facing the below mentioned as i faced...

During the call the four corner widgets will be displayed as per the call funtionality(speaker, mute, number pad and call end). During a call the phone turns it speaker on or it goes to the mute mode(coz users accidently activates these things during calls due to the ear contact). This really irritates me and this is very very bad User Experience for me and hope for others too.. I came to know that there are some sensors at the front but donno what for they are.

There could be a option provided to disable the 4 corner default widgets(during on call and the normal default widgets)

please guide me further to solve this....:smileyconfused:

ELSE IT ROCKS!

Expecting a reply related to my views..

Also i have posted the same in GSM Arena!

Trustee
Markus

The phone has a proximity sensor that should sense your ear/head/face when coming close to the phone - which should trigger the display to go black.

If you hold a finger on the display or even have a protective film/case/housing on the phone that covers this sensor it will not turn off the display and you can get this problem.

Could this be the problem? During a call, hold the phone in front of you and move your hand over the sensor (pretty close to it) and see if it's working or not.

Anonymous(anon)

Mark,

I forgot to mention in my last post.

Yes, as you said i do have a thin scratch guard over the display. However the scratch guard is placed in such a way that it wont overlays above the proximity sensor, light sensor, camera lens and call indicator area!....in other words the sensors are not disturbed.

I also checked the sensor....and found that sometimes the sensors are working and sometimes not! :smileysad:

Thoughts, suggestions?

Trustee
Markus

Thanks for the new info.

Since the sensor is only working sometimes and not alwats I suggest you try to repair the software. Use PC Companion for this. In the program you click on Support Zone > Start > Repair phone. This will wipe the phone memory clean so make sure to backup Contacts, Calendar data etc. SIM card and SD card will not be touched by this.

Let me know if this helped.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Mark,

I am also facing similar issue as Mr.Saran. Apart from the Mute Widget problem during call, live with walkman rocks.. As mentoned by you i will try to repair my phone through PC companion. But it would be better if this particular feature is removed. If done, Live with walkman will be the 100% best phone to be used.

One time poster
imkaush

Hello Markus,

I am also facing this problem. I have not tried repairing the phone yet.

Actually this mute/speaker problem appears due to movement/jerks when i am walking or travelling in a vehicle.

Exactly what happens in the repair option? I am curious to know.

One solution i found in another forum is to manually turn off the screen with the lock button during a call.

Could this widget placement be changed in ics update?

Trustee
Markus

The software repair basically reinstalls the software and by doing so hopefully fixes any glitch/bug/problem.

I don't know if this will be changed in ICS but we can always hope for it. ICS is a pretty big update so I'm sure changes will be made on a lot.