Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: this is How to restore the "Back up & Restore" app

it is a 2.68 mb .apk file. I am copying it onto my SD card, correct? Like I did before, twice to be precise

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you sent it to your gmail, use the Gmail APP and then once you open the email and tap on attachment it will allow you to INSTALL IT from the Gmail app itself

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks a lot.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Anytime :smileyhappy:

lix
One time poster
lix

First thanks for this, what were Sony thinking?
(another topic altogether)

The download links worked fine. My biggest issue turned out to be that Internet Explorer changed the file ending to a .zip. So I extracted and put the files on my SD card and couldn’t find anything to install.
Eventually found someone having the same trouble. Changed the .zip to .apk copied to SD card again and it installed and restored my backups :smileyhappy:

Might be worth updating the original post with a note about IE

One time poster
Tomazikas

Hello everyone, I have a problem with restoring my information. Heres a short story of my problem. Before reinstalling my ICS i made a backup using the Backup and restore app. It made an .sbf file in my sd card and thinking that everything is ok i reinstalled my phone(Neo V). After reinstalling my OS I installed the Backup and restore app again and selected the restore mode. The app found my .sbf file. I pressed continue and a message came up saying "Could not restore data". I spent a lot of time trying to find a sollution, but ended up finding nothing. Now I regret not syncing my information with google servers. So my first question is: maybe someone had the same problem as I did and have an answer for me? I dont want to believe that the backup file got damaged somehow, because I tryed making a new backup ant then restore using it and I got the same message.  And the second question: maybe someone know some other app that could read .sbf files?