Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: this is How to restore the "Back up & Restore" app

what do you mean :restore sd card?

if you formated the SD card or delete something from the SD card there's no way to retrieve it, its gone for good, if you haven't and you ran the backup & restore then updated your phone reinstall the backup and restore but can't restore your file, just re-install the backup & restore again and try again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I can open the Back up and REstore application in the OI file manager, it is a Zip file only that opens though, it is a 2.68 MB, I can open it with Astro that i downloaded before, but when I click, it gives me the backup_and_restore_v010935.zip with different folders in it, each of which, once I click on it, says "file type arsc not found" or "file type not found". HELP!!!

Anonymous(anon)

i didn't delete anything from the SD card, I re-downloaded the application twice

Forum Legend
uliwooly

did you unzipped the file before you transfered it? if you did, don't just leave as is

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I unzipped it but I copied the zipped file. Do you mean I have to copy each file separately on the SD card? Sorry for the silly question, my brain is frying, my hubby is furious...Thanks for your help, please stay on line...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

download the APK file but do NOT unzip it, just transfer it to your SD card as it is, or try another of the methods i suggested above, like download it on your PC then send it to yourself through Gmail

once you download the file right click on it, is it a .rar file or .apk file?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

download the APK file but do NOT unzip it, just transfer it to your SD card as it is, or try another of the methods i suggested above, like download it on your PC then send it to yourself through Gmail

once you download the file right click on it, is it a .rar file or .apk file?

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, I thought I had to unzipped. I had copied the unzipped file before onto the SD card, it was a .apk file, will try to send it to my gmail account now

Forum Legend
uliwooly

no, you don't unzip .apk files, thats the app itself, doing so... well you know what happen

Anonymous(anon)

File is called backup_and_restore_v010935. Right click on it, then