Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: pc companion problem

The you have to reinstall Windows I guess...

Anonymous(anon)

Hello hush66,

Could you take the registry export as explained below:

If some of you still have the problem, please export the following registry key and provide it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet  Settings

Also, send the logs from PC Companion. To do that, right click on the PC Companion icon is the systray, select the option "about". Here click on  "Click here to dump logs on desktop" and send the PC Companion ZIP file that is saved in your desktop.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the reply, seb78800. No offense, but I'm not comfortable with extracting and putting up my registry entries to anyone via the Internet. Besides, I'm not sure if you even work for SE. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope you understand. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

Yes sure i understand ! I just want to help you don't worry and i am involved in PC Companion for SE :smileyhappy:

We can also treat that in a prviate conversation if you want.

If not, no prob, just hope you will solve the problem by yourself and use this great PC Companion!

Regards,

Anonymous(anon)

The deleting of a "crappy" folder inside the reg key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet   Settings\Zones\   really worked out for me. The menus are showing again. Really helped.

Regards.

Anonymous(anon)

hi

I have a sony ericsson cedar and I am also facing the same problem as I am not able to see anything on the my PC companion screen I have tried to install it and reinstall it many times

and even my customer support team are in a confusion so please tell me and help me what should I do ...

I have even tried to do all the things according to the posts but no sucess please reply to me as soon as possible......................................

The screenshot is attached ..............

Hey seb78800 if u read this post then plz rply to me as soon as possible.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

how about using Update Service to repair and/or update

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.689743?cc=gb&...

and My phone explorer to sync

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Every ones in some cases viruses or other programs (Malware removers) may create a "L" folder on this route of yours registers.

To restore your icons and services on the PC companion softwarein W7

Goto start write regedit.exe and navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones

Here will appear 5 folders 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

surely you have a "L" folder Before the "0" folder, delete the "L" folder and enjoy.

After that run a antivirus and find the virus that wrote this change.

:smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Every ones in some cases viruses or other programs (Malware  removers) may create a "L" folder on this route of yours registers.

To restore your icons and services on the PC companion softwarein W7

Goto start write regedit.exe and navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones

Here will appear 5 folders 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

surely you have a "L" folder Before the "0" folder, delete the "L" folder and enjoy.

After that run a antivirus and find the virus that wrote this change.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey that really worked thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!