Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: pc companion problem

Hi Preju10, I did step by step, and forget take the print screen but, I had the smae result, any Icon at the desk of the APP.

Thank for your help!, but don´t works.

BTW: this post now have more than 1500 views, it's time to think it is a serious problem not you think?

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Bahk, thanks for your feedback. I don't know what makes you think that your problem is not taken seriously, but be sure it is. Should any other user with the same issue read this thread, please leave a comment. We need to find the cause of this.

Anonymous(anon)

Sorry for my lastest comment, i don´t want make this a personal issue, but i think that SE can help more over this case.

Anonymous(anon)

Just to add: the problem only seems to affect my Windows XP setup. I dual-boot between Windows XP and Windows 7, and PC Companion is working fine on Windows 7. Can anyone else confirm that they are encountering this problem under Windows XP?

Anonymous(anon)

I only have the problem on Win 7, so it appears that both OS are susceptible to this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

So far my pc companion working fine again, after I format my windows 7 due to some system error. Using for few weeks and the problem didn't came back again...Hope it won't.

Anonymous(anon)

Mmm it is interesting, thanks all for your feedback.

Some tests will be interesting too, if anyone want to help :

- Please report your Internet Explorer version (6, 7, 8, 9 ?)

- report your OS (XP, Vista, 7 ...)

- open this folder and attach screenshot of your result => C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Companion\Dashboard

- test to reset the default value of your IE security level : control panel -> internet options  -> security -> reset all zones to default level

- disable all firewall and antivirus

- Start PCCompanion to see if something change...

Anonymous(anon)

I'm on Win XP, using Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.080413-2111

Attached is the screenshot of the said folder.

I followed the steps of resetting the IE security level to default. I then turned off all antivirus and firewall.

But the results as per before, i.e. the problem is still there.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi I had the same problem since  november 2010. I had reported here 2 times and my discussion has been  removed, I got NEW PC ThinkPad Edge with W7, and used the feature Easy  Transfer to translate all my data to the new Machine. My surprise was  that the same error of PC Companion was transferred too!!!.

Frecuently  come back to see if any body can solve this bug but all answers are the  same, reinstall pc companion, java update etc, and the problem remains.

Can find my print screen

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Pive I Had solved creatin a new profile in the PC, I don´t now why but this solve my situation and de Icons come back before I created a new user profile.