Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
ply17410

Video Example Shows ICS and WiFi Connectivity Issue

Sony Mobile Team:

Here is a 10 second video of what we are all reporting.  My phone had been OFF.  I powered it on (wifi on too) while in my car and walked into my office which has an OPEN wifi network for 'Guest' access.  I got to my desk and saw NO wifi connection.  I took this video of the WiFi settings menu. It keeps flashing 'Connecting' and 'Saved'.  I finally got connected after turning wifi OFF and back ON several times over the past 30 minutes and now it has finally connected.

If I had not caught this ... it would have drained my battery real fast!

I took this screenshot when it was hung up trying to connect, and you can see I am in very good signal strength (-60dbm).

screenshot.png

When will there at least be some acknowledgement from the Sony Mobile Team that this is an issue and that it is being given priority?

Regards,

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

USA

Message was edited by: ply17410

Demigod
Veresova

Re: Video Evidence ICS and WiFi Connectivity

It also helped:

- Change the WiFi channel number

- In the name of the wifi network (router) no gap

- etc http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31449

Test - try a different wifi network.

or: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1445766

Rookie
ply17410

This does not ONLY happen at this one location.  It has happened other places too.  Not all wifi access points decided to suddenly die since Sony released ICS  :smileysilly:.

The phone is not working right.  Many others have reported the same behavior, and that if it goes un-detected your battery gets sucked down in no time at all.

I'm just going to keep wifi OFF until some fix is released.

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

USA

ST18a Ray

Rookie
ply17410

You can see in the AP name (from the screenshot) there is no gap (space) in the name. 

I have no control over the channel number that is configured.  No user would have that control at any sort of public hotspot.  The AP's are running on legitimate channel assignments for the USA.

Are you suggesting that at every hotspot I can't connect to that I go to someone in charge and ask them to change their channel assignment?  That is not going ot happen.  This is not the AP at my home.  This is happening at multiple PUBLIC wifi hotspot locations.

Scarry thing is .... not all Sony users are probably aware of this forum ... if you consider the number of people here that have reported WIFI issues ... it's probably a very small percent of what is REALLY happening out in the user community.

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

USA

ST18a

Demigod
Veresova

Re: Video Example Shows ICS and WiFi Connectivity Issue

Try this (in our country help):

1. Uninstall an update "ANT Radio Service"

2. turn off and turn on the phone

Good luck.

Rookie
ply17410

Got stuck in the connect/save disconnect loop again as shown in the video.  No idea why.  Had been working fine for several days here at work.

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

USA

ST18a Ray

One time poster
sapphiresnower

I had this problem too with my xperia ray. Tried WiFi Connection Manager and it solved the problem for me.

download it on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roamingsoft.manager or, if your phone can't connect, download the apk file from http://www.roamingsoft.com/android/WifiManager.apk and transfer to your phone. I used the 'fix wi-fi problems' and after that I've got no more problem with my wifi.. hope this helps! :smileyhappy: