Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Trustee
Jeff

Sony Ericsson Update Service

It’s a fact; your phone can have software issues. Just like your computer, music player, or microwave. Instead of sweeping problems under the rug, or hiding them behind fancy marketing about features and megapixels and megabytes, we created a tool to help solve many software issues.

The Update Service is a stand-alone application that runs on your internet connected Windows-based PC.  After you launch US follow the on-screen instructions and sit back while your phone updates itself with the latest software.

So, this is the place to let us know if you had a problem updating or a question before you update.

FYI: We are unable to provide information about changes in the latest software updates of a phone, nor do we know when/if an update for a certain device will be released.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Ericsson Update Service

Hi.I've had my SE Satio for the last 6 month, and I'm truely dissatisfied. I have the latest firmeware, R2AK006, and I have to say this firmware is useless and a big failure for SE and Satio. The phone freezes a lot, has problem with Java application, has a lot of promised features missing(like a proper facebook application, not a 3rd party useless java). There ae rumors that there will be no more updates for Satio in the future, check this out e.g.: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=196499

Why SE can't be like other companies? Like Nokia, released more than 5 firmwares for a mid to low-end 5800, and that phone is just perfect regarding it's hardware!! I really regret that I sold that phone, or didn't buy a Samsung i8910. I've been a loyal SE customer for 5 years, and except that 5800, all my phone have been SE, but this Satio, despite a great hardware and potential, is making me ditch SE for life, and throw this phone away.

Just after 9 month of this phones release, is SE really ditching Satio? Do you care about your customers at all? Satio user doesn't want something extraordinary from Sony Ericsson, they just want the money they have spent, to worth what they have bought!! We just want a trouble free phone, without bugs and with very basic features missing that even a low-end Nokia 5230 has, like kinetic scrolling through out the menu and lists, not only media, and voice command! I'm sure you have seen this: http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/satio-software-update.html, but aren't you really ignoring it?

Fix Satio and make it's user happy, or I and many other Satio users will leave SE.

Listen to your customers, PLEASE.

Anonymous(anon)

support upstair. im user satio  2.

Anonymous(anon)

I'm with milad on this

the consumers who brought the satio for a hefty price of £400 thinking that this was going to be the ultimate device were sadly mistaken as the satio isn't even a device that you can say featurewise even fits into the mid range market for its price. I and all the satio users want to get the features that all high end smartphones have e.g kinetic scrolling, voice dialling etc. (btw don't tell us we cant get them even the low/mid range nokia 5800 has these features).

also if you didnt know already there was a petition started by me on the 10th of April which now has 1278 people signed up to it. here is the petition link http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/satio-software-update.html

here is the list that we all 1300 (probably more some people didn't sign the petition so about 4500) of us want you to fix the issues with the satio and give it the features that all high end phones have now a days.

* Upgrade to symbian^3 (the x10 is getting android 2.1, also the Satio doesn't utilize symbian^1 properly; also this could help you compete against the nokia n8 which has a 12mp camera)

** HD recording (the x10 is getting HD recording why not the Satio it has the required cpu to handle HD recording, this would also help you compete agianst the nokia n8)

1) Kinetic scrolling throughout the whole UI

2) Give Vivaz home screen

3) Media search function in media player

4) Make phone louder (loudspeaker when receiving call, when playing music out loud)

5) Auto continuous focusing whilst recording

6) Better picture quality e.g. sharpness, less compression and faster camera menu

7) Auto change to full qwerty mode if you make you phone landscape from alphanumeric mode

8) Integrated EQ in media player (allowing you to manually set your EQ: up all SE's had this)

9) Fix the screen lag that some people have (screen tearing), this is due to the software

10) Fix clock problem (clock losing time)

11) Proper zoom in media (When you zoom the photo enlarges but does not fill the whole screen! why?)

12) Upgrade the web browser to V7

13) Add smart search to dialler (previous SE phones had it)

14) Improve microphone quality (video/sound recording is very quiet)

15) Ability to play HD films on phone; also divx/xvid support

16) RDS in radio.

17) Change volume level and tracks whilst the phone is locked.

i hope you will consider all of these for the next update or otherwise me and the other 4500 (which totals to 4500* £400 = £1,800,000) people who brought the satio will move to another manufacturer (nokia, htc, apple)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for slacking with software support on the Satio. The features that were advertised are not implemented on the phone, so that means by law within the 2 years of purchase I'm allowed to send my phone back for not fit for purpose right? So can you please provide me a full refund as what your doing is ILLEGAL!

Just to mention, you've currently lost all the 1300 customers that have signed that petition. I'm sure that would have a big effect on your next financial report. Well done SE.

Anonymous(anon)

why cant i reinstall the latest software on my phone ? i have a sony ericsson g502

Anonymous(anon)

Quote: why cant i reinstall the latest software on my phone ? i have a sony ericsson g502

I suggest you don't buy another Sony Ericsson handset again.

Anonymous(anon)

With Satio and Vivaz Sony Ericsson gives symbian a bad name!

I bought my Satio to have a mobile with outstanding hardware and my favorite OS, symbian. After a few mounths of use, i changed my Satio back to my Nokia 5800 that is much better in OS than my Satio. How sad that is...

I just want my Satio to run like my 5800, that would be great! But it looks like S/// will not be able to make this possible, so my Satio will be sold in the near future (when i'll get my N8:smileywink:smileyhappy:.

Only reason to stick to Satio could be a great update in firmware or even an update to symbian^3.

Anonymous(anon)

OMG SE this is such a letdown from you! You advertised the Satio being the Entertainment Unlimited! Yet we got half what was promissed (or even less). The camera menu is the slowest of all sony ericsson phones!!!!! It takes 2-3 seconds to apply a EV change??? 2-3 more to apply new focus! WTF people!! And the pictures are mediocre. The software can be improved and we dont mind having 4-5MB/picture as long as it looks good.   In the new software the video is stuttering... Same for Vivaz!   WAKE UP!  and not to mention the idiotic browsing of the phone.. It's a huge pain in the ass to browse a ringtone through ALL the media files, with NO kinetic scrolling, and in a HALF SCREEN SIZE window..   Kinetic scrolling should be everywhere! Do you realize how hard it is to browse ~1000 files without kinetic s. ?? a slight movement of the bar makes it jump from letter A to letter B!!

Eighter reconsider this little game of yours, or risk to loose some fans. You people dont know that thousands of satio users are very unhappy, you simply dont know because you dont browse the web. There are sites like Esato.com, a very big SE forum, and we mention all problems there. So take your time to send this message to your superiors, or risk to lose fans! If Samsung listened to customers, and gave them a huge update, why cant you do it?

The 1200 people who signed that petiton will all go to other manufactures, and thats not all, because i bet there are more, only they dont know about the petition.

This phone costed ALOT, i can say an arm and a leg, and it just fails. Camera is weak and very slow, and media has no search function. you made 500.000euro profit from these people who signed the petition, so at least show us some respect and make this phone a good one!

Anonymous(anon)

I stand behind Norbi,basitz and miland. I am not satisfied with Satio`s software and expect new firmware with a major fixes. Or bye bye SE. And if you don`t believe us come and see for yourselves  here: http://http://www.esato.com/board/viewforum.php?forum=35  I believe there are couple of treads that will catch your attention :smileyhappy: