Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Ericsson Update Service

Hi, apart from the inconvenience of having to use a xp, when I'm linux-ubuntu user, I find that after following all the steps it is unable to perform the update on a k610i. That is, everything is fine until the step where it must upgrade (accessing the usb flash port). Shortly after I receive the message that it is impossible to update ... and in the help pages it says that "little things" can go wrong when we got to that step, so that does not help at all. Regards.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, i recently bought a sony ericsson txt pro, and I want to use update service, I choose the model, and I follow the instructions, but somehow the update service doesnt allow me to pass the "connecting your phone phase", I really, followed the instructions...

I also installed the update service in 2 different computers, I cheked firewall settings, tried different usb ports and restarted the computeres several times... I really need to run the update service to fix all the bugs, and to allow the phone to support youtube (cause vodafone in portugal really). Need urgent help or I will exchange my phone for a non ericsson.

Anonymous(anon)

Couple of things you could try, PC Companion may help with updating - even if it says you are up to date you should be given an option to repair.

The other thing to try is starting your PC in Safe Mode, tap F8 at restart until the Menu appears and select safe mode with networking.  This may work with both PC Companion or SEUS.

Anonymous(anon)

It says that PC Companion is not available for Sony Ericsson txt pro

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, with PC Companion I get same result. Detect software update (of course, I never updated before) but it is unable to complete the upgrade (in step of accessing the usb flash to make the change, once passed all steps of recognition and downloading). However, the "safe mode" does not serve me, there is no possible connection via modem, making it impossible to test me for now.Anyway, once you have developed the program in java, what problem is to export it to linux? I don't understand why... Regards.

Anonymous(anon)

HI Everyone.

My Xperia X8 is bricked as i have tried to install custom roms in my phone. Now it is stucked at the Sony Ericsson Logo screen and is not going any further.

I have tried to flash the phone using Flash Tool but it failed. After connecting it in flash mode, Flash Tool says to check the USB Debugging mode from within phone which is not possible as it is not working.

I have also tried Sony PC Companion to repair my phone but at the time of update it says that no new update is available for my phone.

I have also tried using Sony Update Service but it also failed.

What should i do now?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

uninstall PC Companion and reinstall it -> connect the phone until it recognize the X8, and wait for your PC to look for the drivers,

btw, what do you mean SEUS doesn't work? can you elaborate? it will  be easier to help you if you create a new thread

Anonymous(anon)

i have problme with sony satio the problem i face is its always change its wall paper to default  and what ever changes i do back to normal after few phone call

i make sure that auto wall papre is not actived still

i love the see wall paper as my wish

please advice

Anonymous(anon)

Can we use update service w/o a PC Companion? My phone is wt13i Mix walkman...

thanks!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I don't see why it wouldn't work, try it out

Update Service (SEUS)

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1317636927/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.10.7.exe