2012-12-28 07:36 AM
I have recently upgraded to ICS on my Sony Ericsson SK17i Mini pro
Initially I was overwhelmed with the new features like
1. smart search of phone numbers
2. Responding to calls through a Message when unable to take a call
But over the last 3 weeks, I am facing these issues. I really would like to go back to my Ginger Bread and would term this upgrade pathetic. This upgrade has caused more performance issues and non-responsiveness than good.
1. Camera shots quality has degraded
2. 3G freezes up the whole screen, making it unusable for a while atleast less than a minute, before you can actually be able to able to browse
3. Battery backup is the same as earlier. It drains to 50% by the end of the day, if you are browsing on 3G and just checking emails on gmail
4. Try to type a new message. Blank screen and doesnt clear for a while, before you can actually send the message
5. Try to dial a number, same situation. Blank screen for a while
overall conclusion: I would say...stick to "Ginger Bread"
2013-01-14 09:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you wish to downgrade I suggest that you contact your local support team for more information.
Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.
2013-01-30 01:18 PM
I had visited the sony ericsson service center here in Bangalore, India asking them to roll back the OS to GingerBread. They said it would cost me Rs.350 (Indian Rupees) which I feel is too high and also they would not guarantee me data backup. So basically that would mean fresh re-install of GingerBread OS
Is there a way I can trigger this rollback myself from any web Link/ Sony PC companion without losing data/contacts/messages?