One time poster
mallajy

SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I have recently upgraded to ICS on my Sony Ericsson SK17i Mini pro

Initially I was overwhelmed with the new features like

1. smart search of phone numbers

2. Responding to calls through a Message when unable to take a call

But over the last 3 weeks, I am facing these issues. I really would like to go back to my Ginger Bread and would term this upgrade pathetic. This upgrade has caused more performance issues and non-responsiveness than good.

1. Camera shots quality has degraded

2. 3G freezes up the whole screen, making it unusable for a while atleast less than a minute, before you can actually be able to able to browse

3. Battery backup is the same as earlier. It drains to 50% by the end of the day, if you are browsing on 3G and just checking emails on gmail

4. Try to type a new message. Blank screen and doesnt clear for a while, before you can actually send the message

5. Try to dial a number, same situation. Blank screen for a while

overall conclusion: I would say...stick to "Ginger Bread"

Community Manager
Johan

Re: SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you wish to downgrade I suggest that you contact your local support team for more information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mallajy

Re: SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I had visited the sony ericsson service center here in Bangalore, India asking them to roll back the OS to GingerBread. They said it would cost me Rs.350 (Indian Rupees) which I feel is too high and also they would not guarantee me data backup. So basically that would mean fresh re-install of GingerBread OS

Is there a way I can trigger this rollback myself from any web Link/ Sony PC companion without losing data/contacts/messages?