Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
One time poster
mallajy

SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I have recently upgraded to ICS on my Sony Ericsson SK17i Mini pro

Initially I was overwhelmed with the new features like

1. smart search of phone numbers

2. Responding to calls through a Message when unable to take a call

But over the last 3 weeks, I am facing these issues. I really would like to go back to my Ginger Bread and would term this upgrade pathetic. This upgrade has caused more performance issues and non-responsiveness than good.

1. Camera shots quality has degraded

2. 3G freezes up the whole screen, making it unusable for a while atleast less than a minute, before you can actually be able to able to browse

3. Battery backup is the same as earlier. It drains to 50% by the end of the day, if you are browsing on 3G and just checking emails on gmail

4. Try to type a new message. Blank screen and doesnt clear for a while, before you can actually send the message

5. Try to dial a number, same situation. Blank screen for a while

overall conclusion: I would say...stick to "Ginger Bread"

Community Manager
Johan

Re: SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you wish to downgrade I suggest that you contact your local support team for more information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
mallajy

Re: SK17i Mini pro upgrade with ICS feedback

I had visited the sony ericsson service center here in Bangalore, India asking them to roll back the OS to GingerBread. They said it would cost me Rs.350 (Indian Rupees) which I feel is too high and also they would not guarantee me data backup. So basically that would mean fresh re-install of GingerBread OS

Is there a way I can trigger this rollback myself from any web Link/ Sony PC companion without losing data/contacts/messages?