2012-12-28 07:36 AM
I have recently upgraded to ICS on my Sony Ericsson SK17i Mini pro
Initially I was overwhelmed with the new features like
1. smart search of phone numbers
2. Responding to calls through a Message when unable to take a call
But over the last 3 weeks, I am facing these issues. I really would like to go back to my Ginger Bread and would term this upgrade pathetic. This upgrade has caused more performance issues and non-responsiveness than good.
1. Camera shots quality has degraded
2. 3G freezes up the whole screen, making it unusable for a while atleast less than a minute, before you can actually be able to able to browse
3. Battery backup is the same as earlier. It drains to 50% by the end of the day, if you are browsing on 3G and just checking emails on gmail
4. Try to type a new message. Blank screen and doesnt clear for a while, before you can actually send the message
5. Try to dial a number, same situation. Blank screen for a while
overall conclusion: I would say...stick to "Ginger Bread"
2013-01-14 09:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. If you wish to downgrade I suggest that you contact your local support team for more information.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.
2013-01-30 01:18 PM
I had visited the sony ericsson service center here in Bangalore, India asking them to roll back the OS to GingerBread. They said it would cost me Rs.350 (Indian Rupees) which I feel is too high and also they would not guarantee me data backup. So basically that would mean fresh re-install of GingerBread OS
Is there a way I can trigger this rollback myself from any web Link/ Sony PC companion without losing data/contacts/messages?