Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

One time poster
MrJB

Ray notification LED not working when screen is off

After updating to ICS 4.0.4 green notification LED stopped working when screen is off. It does not work for SMS, email (I use K9 Mail), missed calls. However if screen is still on WHILE receiving new email or message the notification LED works as intended.

Anyone been able to fix this problem? It loses it's purpose if it only works when I look at the screen (screen is on). I know of a Light Flow app, but I would like a way to make it work like it should first (without third party apps).

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Ray notification LED not working when screen is off

test it with Service Menu

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/113787

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
MrJB

hi, LED works in service menu.

Greenhorn
ply17410

I am confirming some of what you have found.  Missed call is working fine.

ST18a Ray - Green missed call LED is working fine for me whether screen is locked (off) or on my home screen (unlocked) when a call comes in that I do not pickup.  Stays blinking Green until I unlock my phone.

Incoming SMS when screen is locked - sounds notification but no LED.

Incoming SMS when screen is un-locked - sounds notification and blinks LED green.  LED continues to blink if I lock my screen until I retrieve the SMS.

So something else is broke!

I just updated to ICS 4.0.4 this afternoon after running the initial release for several weeks now.

Bob H

Forum Legend
uliwooly

perhaps it's an app that it's acting up

taskiller, antivirus, batterydefender, notification app. etc

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
MrJB

I don't use all this cr*p (sorry for expression). I try not to install programs that modify global settings.

Only two third party processes running at the moment - K9 mail and Gauge Battery Widget. I used these with Gingerbread and all was well. Android 4.0.3 email notification was working properly, missed calls was not I think and SMS was working properly too (I think but I am not sure).

Forum Legend
uliwooly

repair your phone with SUS or PCC and check again w/o installing any app at all nor syncing w/ any account

Greenhorn
ply17410

Two Rays reporting the same thing ... I don't think it has anything to do with a rogue app.  The update is bad.

Bob H

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it doesn't hurt to try

One time poster
MrJB

I agree. I will try repair tommorow if I have more time and then test notification led without any apps installed or settings changed.

I wonder if anyone can *confirm* they have Ray with stock ICS 4.0.4 and notification led is working properly all the times with screen off??

I suspect this problem might be more widespread (or maybe it's a thing for specific SIs).

I will post here if I wind solution or new info.