One time poster
mahdz

Re: Questions about ICS update

Lol stop acting like whining children people!!!

I cant find another example of a company willing to upgrade its entire line of smartphones from last year.

If you have ever owned phones of other companies (even Apple), they do never give all the features to the older models, its common business sense guys!!!

This is far beyond of what was expected and Sony has delivered, though i do hope that they will iron out the bugs (wifi) as they release the ICS update globally.Really looking forward to getting the new dialer on my Xperia Ray :smileycool:

Anonymous(anon)

its nt abt the update, neither its about the high end features our demands are simlle and basic, equalizer for music player, a lag free o/s and acessibility to features (like light sensors) which our phones are capable of and our hardware permits, i dnt care about ics update, but sony must take care of the basic needs before jumping to luxury, i think tht most of the users are unhappy with the stock music player

Anonymous(anon)

" i think tht most of the users are unhappy with the stock music player"

Says who? Do you have a link to anything that says "most users are unhappy?"  With the greatest respect, I think that's rubbish.  Just because some vocal users on this forum complain doesn't mean most people are unhappy - Sony have sold millions of Xperia phones.  On the contrary the sound quality of my Arc S is way better than a Samsung Galaxy S2 for example - and the chipset is the same used with many HTC models which have always had a good reputation for good sound quality.  I think the stock player is pretty good personally.  If you want something with an equalizer there are lots of alternatives.  I don't find that a useful feature because with decent headphones + decent quality music files = happy ears.

People need to get a grip and calm down.  The ICS upgrade is by no means perfect but Sony have done more than some manufacturers.

Anonymous(anon)

I am little bit confused, why some xperia users flash their phone with nordic before upgrading to official ICS. why is that?

Soory I'm not a techy guy. :smileylaugh:

Anonymous(anon)

Anyway we already started porting apps,matter of time now :smileyhappy:

One time poster
SXperiaNeoV

may i know which country SI is this 1254-2595

Anonymous(anon)

Wish someone could make SoundEnhancement.apk of Xperia S available for ICS.

Do inform further.

Anonymous(anon)

ics is perfect and sony has done bettr than other manufactures - this s something i do not agree with (please mind it tht am just putting my views), yes sony has given us the ics, but not a stable one (as i read from the forum),

most customer bought sony ericsson coz of the promise made, it was a smart way to keep their promise though, yes they kept their promise and updated but not with a stable os, and thts not very smart or nice thing to do, coz we customers would always want the value for money, and its all about what we cam xpect from a particular brand when we go for it,

2. arc s, well it might sound better than galaxy 2, i cant tell about others but i am here not to compare other brands with sony, m comparing sony with sony and what sony can really do and what customers, loyal to sony e,pects from sony, but thts what, the least we can xpect from sony is a crappy sond, mind it, the sound is not crappy but neither it is too good, infact it s average,

3. i dont really bother about the ics update but yes i do care about the improved features we expect from a big name,

4. yes i still believe (read believe) tht most of the users are aftr a better music player, coz the stock music player is not 'sonyish' and it can b improved, unfortunately i cant prove it with a shared link showing polls coz unfortunately there isnt any, yes many xperias are sold, but this forum does not have all those millions who uses xperia search the forum u wud see many raising their voice about it, rooting the phone is not an answer for every problem, i dnt wanna root my phone i dnt wanna void my warranty. i xpect people to have a look at other topics and find tht only a minority is happy with the stock music player, there might b alternatives but those players wont b sony

overall reading posts i dnt find too many happy faces with ics update on a whole and its not just abt the music player, i speak about music player coz i care abt it more than any other features,

:-)

Anonymous(anon)

question.....i have a sony ericsson live w/ walkman is ICS4 available now for my unit? im from the philippines...ty if any0ne replies.

One time poster
brapi

does ics have face unlock?