Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Questions about ICS update

Regarding previous comment - how could UI and icons be still the same if Sony mentioned in its blog that over a thousand icons had been modified? Why Developer Options are active?

Maybe it's the beta-rom, not final? But if it was downloaded in an official way via PCCompanion then this is really strange and ridiculous.

Anonymous(anon)

I'm running the official update on my Arc S (flashed the Nordic ftf which took a few attempts to get right) and it's virtually identical to the beta other than some very welcome performance improvements.  And do you know what?  That's exactly what I was expecting - there was no way that the final release was going to ship with a different UI and set of apps compared to the beta.

I'm happy with it but then I was never expecting the Xperia S NXT UI.  Sony will want to differentiate their 2012 phones with the sexy new NXT UI - it's all about marketing.  Sony have never said that the ICS update was going to include a new music player, etc. so I don't know why people are getting so upset about this really.  I actually think the stock music player is very good - it's way better than the normal Android one and is better than the Samsung S2 piece of rubbish.  If people want a sexy graphics equalizer then I'm pretty sure there are apps on Google Play you can install.

I am disappointed that there is so much bloat that can't be removed without root access though.  This is a shame as many people won't want the hassle of rooting in order to remove Let's Gold and the other rubbish.

All my icons are different - plus the camera UI is new, as is the phone UI, etc. I think it's pretty good all round.

One time poster
nikhild.goa@gmail.com

I heard some one saying as Sony never promised y ppl expect new music player n all other features..

Ans is ppl do expect all this becoz i'ts Sony ( Ericsson), and ppl who use this cells know the kind of support, features and optimization they used to add into their phone after the sale.

N i think they should be even better as Sony sans Ericsson.

Please include atleast latest music player and some camera optimization to crappy photos generated by neo v camera.

We dont want your ics update without this two most most awaited upgrades.

Yours Fan

Actually big big fan who has been suggesting only one brand to ppl since years n never brought anything other then sony Ericsson

One time poster
nikhild.goa@gmail.com

Sony be careful u loosing ur fan base to Htc... N if not now ull may never get it back... They r improving  giving better support for older devices.. N u r cutting down on feature... Ull lose it dude... N i dont want that to happen

Anonymous(anon)

Agree,if any sony official at least reading these and thinks we are talking rubbish then check xda forums,70-85% people are not satisfied at all.

btw wonder who's the genius approved those low quality NXT theme'd wallpapers as main wallpapers for 2011 ICS update and NXT series,serieously guys never used photoshop before to resize images without loosing quality ? they looks really bad and crap comparing to what they gave in gingerbread roms :/ Now everytime I change theme changing the wallpaper is MUST,Thanks guys.

Lol at 1000 icons revamped,joke of the century !

Anonymous(anon)

This question is Assumed Answered.

Where ?

Anonymous(anon)

should i update my neo v? what do you think?

Anonymous(anon)

ICS is ok to install but if you really don't want hussle perhaps a smooth user experience then I would suggest you stay on GB, but if you are really as adventurous as I am, then you can go ahead and update to ICS .

Reminder:

Please make sure if you're already read on how to downgrade to GB. If you do hav CWM recovery installed then I would suggest to generate backup first.

Anonymous(anon)

Thilina, you are actually right.

We have waited a long period to get a better OS..whatever it's ICS or thousands of newly designed icons.

We don't even care for official 2.3.7 update.

And now..actually what is being delivered by Sony in the name of ICS is so annoying.

I need one question to be answered-

* Why the same old G.B Music player with disgusting equaliser options where Sony has better application ready?

Ok, I agee that they have never promised to give that, but is that take to much? I mean it's a just simple copy and paste.

I have a MH-710, and don't even enjoy it's audio fully because of no customizable equalizer option on 2.3.4

Have waited really long to get that and now what I am getting?

Only a 4.0.3, nothing else.

Sony, I've just lost a bit respect for you.

Anonymous(anon)

Tanmoy bhai

i support u in this, its so irritating, i have to use music player frm the market to get good sound

lost faith in sony complety, they could have done better,

no more sony for me

learnt my lession

thank u