Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Anonymous(anon)

Problem with PC Suite and Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit

I installed PC Suite on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit installed.  I was able to eventually run PC Suite (granted it needed to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode) and sync my calendar on my W518a cell phone with PC Suite via Bluetooth communications.  After I turned off my computer and restarted it, I could no longer open up PC Suite...its icon appears in my system tray with a red X over it as if it can't find the program.

The SonyEricsson website indicates PC Suite can run with Windows 7.

What is causing the problem I am having?  How do I get this corrected?

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Problem with PC Suite and Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit

I'm using PC Suite on Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) and I don't need compatibility modes.

I believe the version you're using is old (probably from a CD that comes with your phone?). Try uninstalling it, then go to Sony Ericsson's webpage and download the latest version of PC Suite for your phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Actually, no, I downloaded the version (6.011.00) that is currently available on SonyEricsson's website.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem, and if you search this forum, you will find more users with same problem.

But the worst thing is SONYERICSSON NEVER ANSWERED ANY POST ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

Any help, SonyEricsson?!?!?!

Anonymous(anon)

That's really very strange. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64, too. I didn't even need to run this program or exe as compatibility mode. Just try out that, clicking on the exe when you are installing or running and installed (if it's working one before) program with admin privileges. I mean right click on the file and selecting run as administrator. Is that fix this issue?

If not, maybe you can check the Event Viewer by right clicking Computer > Manage > Event Viewer part for specific errors.

Anonymous(anon)

I have downloaded and reinstalled the PC Suite software.  Although it is not working as well as it should, as long as I have my cell phone on with Bluetooth enabled prior to clicking on the icon to open the application, it seems to work OK.  Otherwise, when it opens, it just hangs and the only way you can close the program is to get into Task Manager and force it closed when its status is showing as "Not Responding".  I also have found that just "closing" the PC Suite window does not close the application...you have to click on the option to "Exit the Application" otherwise you continue to have it in your system tray with a red X over the icon.

Anonymous(anon)

Totally agree, The Pc Suite juts doesnt open. Double click as per usual to open a program and it does not open. The trouble shooting syas compability issues but it is the current version and my computer is 100% and new. No other issues. It is like it starts to open and then cant kick into gear on the screen. Why?