Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Problem connecting k300i mobile phone to computer with dcu-11 cable, driver needed?

Wanting to get the photos and such off my old mobile onto my computer, I bought a dcu-11 usb data cable to connect said Sonry Ericsson k300i mobile phone and do so. However, I've had no luck in getting the connection recognized. The cable fits and everything, but when I put it in no drivers are found (installing the software on the disc provided apparently didn't work in the first place) and under device manager (I have Windows 7 by the way if that makes a difference to everything) it just shows the cable as "unspecified" and is just named "usb cable dcu-11". The automatic search for drivers didn't work either.

After much googling, there seemed to be a solution here http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=60242 however, the Sony Ericsson page that was linked no longer exists it seems, so I'm stuck as to what to do now.

I assume it's just that I need the correct driver, I have the Sony Ericsson PC Suite but that also says no phone is connected. I'd appreciate any help with this I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Problem connecting k300i mobile phone to computer with dcu-11 cable, driver needed?

I think the problem lies with Windows 7 and the fact that the software (PC suite, USB) for an old phone such as the K300i simply isn't compatible, so I suggest you try it on a PC running Windows Vista or XP.

Edit: You may also want to try changing compatibility settings for running PC suite on your PC, to a different version of Windows.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Problem connecting k300i mobile phone to computer with dcu-11 cable, driver needed?

I too have this problem and I'm using Windows Vista

I need to get photos off my K300i sony ericsson and have the data cable, but the sony ericsson phone suite software doesn't have my mobile listed.

Please help thankyou

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Have you tried transferring these photos to the PC in USB mass storage mode? This way, you don't need PC suite.

Anonymous(anon)

I don't know how to do this.

I have managed to locate a driver to install the usb data cable, windows did an automatic search, because there was nothing on the disc to install it.

I've gone to My Computer hoping to see the phone in there to look through it's contents but nothing displays

Please advise thanks

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Make sure that the phone's USB mode is set to Mass storage and if it still doesn't show up on the PC, try rebooting the PC while the phone is connected and/or restart the phone while connected to the PC.

Anonymous(anon)

I did as you suggested, but in My Computer nothing shows up representing my mobile.

I cannot find anything in my phone options which allows me to set to Mass Storage.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

If you go to: Main menu--Settings--Connectivity--USB--Set default mode---here, you may have the option to change the mode to USB memory device/File transfer.If this doesn't work either, then try a different USB port (not a USB hub) and failing that, a different USB cable.

Anonymous(anon)

Sorry for delay replying - bereavement.

I don't have a USB option in Connectivity, it focuses on internet connectivity. I have an infrared option but my PC does not support infrared.

I scoured the internet for a data cable for this particular mobile, it was very hard to come by, managed to get one, it is working, but without the software for this particular mobile I don't think I'm ever going to get these photos off :/