Novice
bcler

PC Suite and PC companion backup

PC Suite and PC companion backup *. DBK format file whether each other in general, paragraph 2 say whether the software backup out *. DBK format files in different mobile phone whether can restore each other. For instance restore contacts, calendars, memo, etc.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: PC Suite and PC companion backup

Are you asking whether these back-up files can be restored to another phone, or are you stating that they can? If you are asking, the answer is that they can be restored back to a phone compatible with PC suite or PC companion.

Novice
bcler

Is this:
1.for example I use PC Suite backup and restore function and backup W995 all can backup the project, then I do export operation, format for *. DBK, so I put this *. DBK format file copy out and PC connected to reintroduce companion, W995 or Satio on whether it is feasible to mobile phones? Will certain functions cannot fully restored to another one mobile phone.

2. "for example, I use PC companion backup and restore function and backup W995 all can backup the project and then I do export operation, format for *. DBK, so I put this *. DBK format file copy out and PC connected to reintroduce Suite, W995 and Satio on whether it is feasible to mobile phones? Will certain functions cannot fully restored to another one mobile phone.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

So what you're basically asking is whether the back-up file from PC suite can be restored intact via PC companion and vice-versa.Since these files are of the same format (.dbk), I would think the answer is yes, although I haven't tried it myself. Why don't you try it and see for yourself?

Novice
bcler

Yes, that's what I mean, I currently does not have this condition, so I want to ask next attempt BBS of netizens whether can give information about it. I feel you reply mean theory is established, but the actual is formed not sure.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

1) What is "BBS of netizens"?

2) As I said before, you can try it yourself with a phone that's compatible with both PC Companion and PC suite, such as the W995 which you mentioned in your previous message.

3) This is the kind of situation that anyone with a bit of common sense could work out for themselves and hardly worth hassling SE about.After all, don't you like discovering new things and then sharing the information with everybody else on this forum?

Edit: Just found out that the W995 is not compatible with PC companion, only with PC suite.