Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support

New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

[ Edited ]

lollipop.jpg

We’ve started rolling out a new firmware release for Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 & Xperia Z2 Tablet*. After making Android Lollipop 5.0 available for these smartphones, you posted feature requests and feedback on a few items here on the community.  We are really grateful for that and as we’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be,  we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things.

Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here’s a rundown of what’s fixed and included - we've:

• Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage

• Added a Sony feature; bringing back the "close-all-button" in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once

• Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications

• Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes - and no longer offset by “silent”

• Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
  • Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode

[UPDATE]

This Android 5.0 Lollipop update is now rolling out for Xperia Z1 series as well. This includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.

Let us know how you’re getting on with the update, by posting a comment below.

*Timing and availability may vary by market or carrier

sony_sign_logo.png - Community Manager Sony Xperia Support Forum

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

[ Edited ]

Everything is working fine in new firmware build 23.1.A.1.28 except low battery notification. When battery reaches 15% red light is activated, but phone doesn't show low battery notification. If I power off my phone, and turn it on again, then it shows low battery notification. This problem was also present in older builds (23.1.A.0.690, 23.1.A.0.726 and 23.1.A.0.740).

One time poster

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series

Can you sort out the Bluetooth issue which stops my z3 connecting with my vauxhall astra please.
Rookie

Please fix the messaging app as I can't attach anything due to blockage by the keyboard.
Regular

Is there any way to disable "heads up notification" and bring back the good old ticker style notification from Kitkat?

Heads up notification is simply terrible and by far the most annoying feature I've seen on my Z3 tablet. It keeps me from updating my Z3 phone. 

A very detailed explanation about why it's so horrible can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2mjja4/lollipop_only_major_flaw_is_a_showstopper_headsup/

There's a workaround too, but I don't like to root my devices: http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/swap-heads-up-notifications-for-old-style-ticker-android-lollip...

One time poster

Anyone have any battery drain concerns since 5.0?
One time poster

Please fix this bug: " when my z1 compact receives a call, it switches between the lock scteen and answering window rapidly. "
One time poster

I hope this update includes restricted user profiles for the Z3 Compact.

As it is now, muti-user profiles is useless and pointless to me because you can't create restricted user profiles. Call logs and texts are shared by all users and all users have access to all apps and the files in memory.

The method of setting apps notifications sensitivity is also very clumsy.After you set one app the list resets to top so the further you go down the app list, the more scrolling you do after each app you set to get to the next one.

I like the stock firmware and I want to stick with it but all these missing features is disappointing and is driving me once again to custom ROMs.
Trustee

Mujaheed wrote:
Please fix the messaging app as I can't attach anything due to blockage by the keyboard.

I can see that you created a new thread for this some weeks ago where you were advised to check another thread with similar behaviors. Have you had the possibility to check this yet?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Trustee

Loei wrote:
Please fix this bug: " when my z1 compact receives a call, it switches between the lock scteen and answering window rapidly. "

I have not heard about that before. Could you perhaps boot your phone into safe mode to see if same thing occurs?
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff