Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

One time poster
adnan_wq

Mobile stuck during update

I have Xperia U, when I connect my phone to Sony PC Companion it shows me that there is an update for my system,,,,, I follow all the steps for the update,,,, during that software ask me to unplug my cell, switch off cell, and push the cable while keep pressing the volume down button,,,,, this flashed the green light and software started update process further,,,,, But during this stage an error appear that online server is not available try again or cancel,,,, I tried same process three or four time and after receiving same error each time I cancel the update process, unplug USB cable,,,, and tried to switch on my phone,,,,

But I am unable to start it,,,, each time it flashes a green light and continuously shows only a black page with SONY logo...

Kindly help me as soon as possible

I am in real need........

Trustee
Petter

Re: Mobile stuck during update

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the problem you've faced with your phone.

I'd recommend you to try using Sony Update Service instead, and via that program try performing a repair of your phone's software.

You will be guided, step by step, in the program. You can download the program from the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Shaoyran

I am faced with the very same problem, and I'd like to add to this request for help.

Dear Petter, the method that you've recommended does not quite work, at least not for me, as the phone isn't even found using the Update Service, or any other software for that matter. It just remains at the black screen, with the Sony logo evidently mocking the user.

Is there actually any way to solve this issue? In my particular case, the phone is only 4 days old, and, having such a problem while trying to download the new software version, I have to admit that I am not quite satisfied!

As for my description of the problem, it happened very much the same. I attempted to update my phone's software to Ice Cream Sandwich, getting to the stage of "Turn off your phone and hold the volume down button". However, in spite of following the instruction and plugging the phone in properly, when the actual update was about to begin, my computer began downloading "S1Boot Download", and is still at it, after 2 hours having passed by since the problem occured. When I attempt to turn my phone on, the light at the bottom momentarily flashes green, goes off, and then the phone vibrates, letting the Sony screen enroll, apparently to remain there for ever.

It's a lovely phone, so I'd like to use it again! Thus, I kindly ask, is there any way to solve this?

One time poster
Shaoyran

All right, here is another story to throw at you then. I've just decided to plug my phone into the charger, thinking that it might give something, and guess what?

The bottom light lit up again, still green, only with the left LED, however, this time, with more radiance than before. What did not change is that the phone is still stuck at the Sony screen, and there is no way to tune it down, as the phone turned on forcefully, without me even pressing the power button.

One time poster
adnan_wq

Dear shaoyran,,,

i was facing the same problem,,,, when you on the phone it will display only a black screen with sony logo, and do not respond by any key, even when i tried to of it,,, however once i putted off its battary, and inject usb cable or charger it was showing green light at bottom which shows it automatically going into flashing mood.

Finally i put off the battary of my cell, initiate Sony update support,,,, and when it asked injected the usb cable this time again the green light got on and software recognized my phone,,, it started downloading update files,,, but when download completed and it tried to install it on my software an error appeared showing that try again the same procedure when the battary of cell is fully charged and if the error continues kindly contact the support.

I tried the same procedure even after charging the battary by a saparate battary charger but error was continuously appearing.

I also tried some other softwares like FLASTOOL which initially recognise my cell but end up with some errors......

After facing faliour from every side, i was not in a way to wait further i went to a repairy shop which flashed my phone with ICS only in 30 mins for a very nominal price but did not told me that where the exect problem was...

One time poster
adnan_wq

what i would suggest you that dont get upset,,,, this is not a big shit and can be fixed easily,,,,

just try your cell with Sony update support, might your cell not give the error which my was giving,,,,

when ever you get this bugg fixed dont forget to share your experiance also with me...

One time poster
Shaoyran

Thanks a lot! I was just getting really frustrated that I couldn't get my newly acquired phone to turn on again, but I guess I shouldn't have gotten that upset. I'll try and do the steps that you've gone through and report what happens~!

One time poster
Shaoyran

Apparently, this doesn't quite help, as my phone does not react when connected to the pc/charger without the batter in, so I'll just take it to where I got it from tomorrow and ask them what they think. If that doesn't help, I'll just go to a Sony service centre and show it to them. Either way, I'll try to get a solution for this. Once again, thanks for your time, Adnan.

One time poster
adnan_wq

No no no dont completely putt of the battaru,,, i suggested that only to switch it off completely,,,, once it has been switched off wait only for 5 sec, again put the battary in it,,, start update support and when it ask to inject the cable attach the phone according to the directions....