Anonymous(anon)

Camera Function after installing 2.3.3

Hi

Installed 2.3.3. yesterday and have lost camera functionality. Image can be seen to be taken, but no image can be captured. Touch screen and normal all fail to capture an image. I have reset factory preferenes on camera but nothing. I also keen getting an error message explaining that the camera is but and i need to wait. Can anyone help?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Camera Function after installing 2.3.3

try to repair your phone with Update Service

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.689743?cc=gb&...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Don't forget to backup everything

you can read about it here

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/19735

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

There seems to be a solution for this

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Camera > Clear Data.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello every one

I have the X10 about 10 days (Android 1.6) and yesterday I have made the update to 2.3.3. From that moment on, I have the same problem with the camera.

The suggested solution the clear the camera data is not working at my phone...

I assume that this is a bug that will be fixed by SE with an update?? I was the hole on the internet, but it seems I'm not the only one...

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Uliwooly, have reloaded the software and unfortunately this has not improved matters at all. I have also reset the settings in the applications menu as you described.

Symptoms remain:

When opening Camera App, image can be seen on the screen.

Image cannot be captured, when using touch screen or normal capture options. In fact when pressing screen or capture button screen darkens, and all menu incons disappear.

When changing functionality in capturing mode menu, I get the error message"Sorry, Activity Camera (in application camera) is not responding" it then gives me 2 choices "Force Close" or "Wait"

Has anyone got any suggestions at all. STrangely I dont normally use the camera that often normally, but am on a family holiday and am missing the ability to capture my special moments.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi there This didnt do the trick unfortunately

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you have another SD card that you can try ?

Anonymous(anon)

Good evening Uliwooly

I have tried with another micro SD, but without succes.

The original microSD, deliverd with my X10 was class 2, the one that I have tested is class 6. I was hoping that this difference could be the solution to my problem, but no.

I have also formatted (with the PC) the microSD, but this action also did not brought the solution.

Maybe other suggestions?

Thanks for your help and time ;-)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

did you tried to repair your phone with Update Service?

how about

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> camera -> clear everything thats available?