Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

Bridge for Mac 2.0 issues? xperia play

I updated bridge for mac to 2.0 but it can not find my phone if in media transfer mode. it will find it in mass storage mode, and offers to update software. it then instructs me to disconnect and switch to media transfer mode. i do this, reconnect, but will not find phone.  suggestions?

i have tried reboot phone, computer, bridge etc etc.

gwhispererz

Re: Bridge for Mac 2.0 issues? xperia play

Hi, see if this helps .... http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/bridge-for-mac/, check the Requirements and Installation instructions section.

You could uninstall, download Bridge for Mac and re-install again.

Anonymous(anon)

nope...did not work...

hmmmm...i meet all requirements...

phone is not detected in media transfer mode...just mass storage

gwhispererz

Contact the local support team, they should be able to help you.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

One time poster
NilsAndreasson

Hi,

This is really odd. I'm trying the Play right now and it's connecting and working fine in MTP mode.

Don't you get any error messages or anything, it simply ignores the phone? Do you know which Mac OS version you are using?

I'm somewhat out of ideas on this one since you have tried all the obvious, but here are a few:

- Make sure you have an SD Card inserted in the phone (but I guess you do since I don't think MSC would work otherwise)

- Android File Transfer can sometimes conflict with SE phones. In case you have AFT installed, make sure it doesn't autostart when the phone is connected

- iPhoto could previously conflict with Bridge as well (although that should have been sorted with the 2.0 release). Make sure that iPhoto doesn't autostart when the phone is connected.

- There are some black magic stuff that has worked before if the MTP connection on the phone is the problem, including removing and readding the SD Card or go to the Media browser and simply browse through some music just before you connect.

Also note that, if you're only interested in the update, you can always try the File->Restore... option where you can manually select which phone you have and follow the instructions to update but ***please note that this will probably erase all content on your phone ***

Anonymous(anon)

Screen shot 2012-03-05 at 11.05.12 AM.png

im using snow leopard 10.6.8

sd card is inserted (hehe)

AFT is not installed

iphoto does not auto start

black magic stuff does not work either

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah, I get the same errors with my Xperia arc S. I used to be able to connect using MTP on Bridge for Mac before the 2.0 update. When I updated, also couldn't connect. I'm using Leopard 10.5.8.

BTW, it never really shows the real free space I have. Using a 16gig card with around 700mb free. When connected to Bridge for Mac, it says I have 0kb free. This was before and after the 2.0 update.

Anonymous(anon)

Having the exact same problem for my xperia pro. Frustrating!

Apprentice
spectre51

Same for me.  Can connect in MSC but not MTP for my Xperia Play.  Worked just fine for my Xperia S. 

OS X Lion 10.7.3

AFT not installed

iPhoto does not automatically open

Anonymous(anon)

My Play also wasn't connecting in MTP mode, but would connect in MSC mode.  I noticed the USB connection mode screen has an "Info" button.  Tapping it says that MTP is for WIndows computers and MSC is for Mac and Linux computers that don't support MTP.

A little bit of googling and I found that the AFT needs to be installed to get MTP working on Macs. After downloading AFT (http://www.android.com/filetransfer/) my Xperia Play now connects in MTP with Bridge 2.0.