Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Master
slimshaddy

Re: Android Gingerbread 2.3 update set for August

its crystal clear to me :smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

previous video still shows clearly on my screen but this one is all pixilated

Anonymous(anon)

yes! i did get a step further with pcc today uli. after clicking repair, the SW was actually able to prepare the computer for the update....which is where it normally stalled....it's when it started updating the sw that a msg came up saying "there is no software available for your phone yet". now, does that mean my phone is still seen as an x10a? remember i was attempting to do a repair on 2.3.3 and not an upgrade to 2.3.3.

oh yes, what did i do differently this time? actually i think i've been my own worst enemy all along. if i had just followed instructions without trying to do too much, i probably wouldn't have found myself so tangled in xxxx you know what i mean. i just followed the instructions and that was it.

Anonymous(anon)

hello,i live in london can i ask somethink, they see in august android 2.3 is avelibal,but i can`t find to dowunload the softuear some person they have allready phone .. so can u  halep how to du that evry tim,e when i connect to the companion show mi my phone is a last version ?!?!? my version is a 2,1

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

go to settings -> about phone -> software update

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

or update service or pc companion, just remember that 2.3.3 its not going to be available to all networks and/or countries

you can manually update this phone

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/90716#90716

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

you have to click on repair

your phone it's going to be seen as the firmware you have on, if you have an X10a with X10i firmware it'll be seen as an X10i and vice versa

Anonymous(anon)

first of all, thank you guys....uli, sam....for sticking with me.

most of the problems that got me so desperately wanting to do a repair on this software, seems to have rectified themselves. i'm not sure if it was a question of the sw needing time to settle in or what, but everything is working normal now. thanks again guys, i did learn a lot from this interaction.

camera is rotating now....landscape, portrait....except that pictures still seem a little blurry

screen lock is behaving now thank God for that....phone calls are not being cut short by screen lock any more, at least not for the past two days.

incoming calls sounding ok now....no more distortions

i am a happy camper once again guys. listen, the two of you make such a great team....the dream team honestly....and if this continues, we....sonyericssons customers....could without doubt become the envy of all the other brand users and who knows, they might all start coming back home again. my friends with other brands are already wishing they had that. and yes! i have directed them all to this forum and they are seing the help available to your customers. thanks guys.

sam, if i may be bold enough to suggest this, but i think it will be nice if uliwooly could be compensated at least for the huge Internet package bill he probably faces every month for being online so regularly....just as a sign of appreciation perhaps.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I'm glad it's sorted out

I wouldn't mind your suggestion to SE :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

HI all

maybe I'm stupid or missing something but please help me.

I have SE X10 MiniPro

my firmware version is :2.1 -update 1

Kernal Version : 2.6.29

build number :2.1.1.A.0.6

Does that mean I have Gingerbread 2.3 installed?

because on PCC it says that my phone is up to date, is this true or Am I missing something?

thanks