Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Android Gingerbread 2.3 update set for August

if you have the X10a generic you are fine :smileyhappy:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I have had SE phones for as long as I can remember but after this the way that they promise and promise then let us down, I have lost faith in this company, unless they can show me some sort of way how they are making this better for us as a consumer rather than just trying to make us buy there new products to stay upto date then I highly doubt that my next product will be anything to do with SE. The support is disgraceful and so is the customer services they provide. I feel quite ashamed to have been recommending this company to friends and family throughout the years.......

SORT THIS OUT SE OR RISK LOSING EVEN MORE CUSTOMERS.......AND INCASE YOU FORGOT 'WE' ARE WHAT GIVE YOU YOUR PROFITS AND BONUSES!

Anonymous(anon)

what are you screaming about???  This update is perfectly on time if they stick to the early August roll-out...in case you haven't noticed, Q2/Q3 is june-september!!  August is before september in all the calendars I have lol  that would be 2/3 of the way through Q3, and as it looks to me at this point, it will still be in line to be one of the first phones to get 2.3  HTC is set to release before early August, I'm sure, but i don't think it will be that much earlier.  We could very well still be in the first dozen phones to get official 2.3

Anonymous(anon)

Is there any chance, pretty please, that Sony Ericsson can release this update instead of passing it onto the networks?

Im still waiting for the pinch to zoom update that was released in February from Orange (UK) 

If they cant release that, then the chances of them releasing 2.3 before next April are zilch!

Anonymous(anon)

It is unlikley that many operator versions will be released as they said in March, Generic versions will be fine

Operator brands not

Extract from March notice

Due to the resources available in this special project, we will focus on delivering trade versions of the software. 

Regarding possible customized operators kit we will have to get back with more information on this at a later stage.

But we want to be very clear already at this stage on the fact that some of you may not get this upgrade.

Extract from June update

With regards to the roll-out plan, as said back in March, this will first and foremost be made available to generic trade kits.

Even if there will be some operator kits getting this upgrade, as said before – some of you will not be able to upgrade your customized version of XperiaTM X10

If Orange have not given pinch to zoom yet then they may not come on board with this either

Anonymous(anon)

No, it is not on time!  I don't know if you recall, but someone at SE said "late Q2 and early Q3" which means "the last weeks of June and the first weeks of July".  Maybe you haven't noticed, but August is Mid Q3!!!

But I don't want to get into any discussions... that's not the point!  The thing key thing is, as you wrote: if they stick to the early August roll-out... and according to past experiences, that is a big IF!!

I'm not the kind of guy that changes phones every 3 or 4 months!  I like my X10 and chose it over Samsung's Galaxy S and HTC's Desire! All I'm saying is, I hope they don't delay the update any further... I may not throw away my X10 because of these delays, but I know many people will!!!

Anonymous(anon)

Hell, wouldn't that be cool!!

Maybe if we ask nicely they'll listen to us!  :smileylaugh:  Although, they did listen to people's concerns regarding the X10's camera interface... maybe they'll listen to your idea! :smileytongue:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

we need an SE moderator to forward this idea to SE :smileyhappy:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I completely agree!!  I would be more than happy to test drive the new updates and give some detailed feedback.  this could really help SE out getting updates out to the general public faster...and final releases are always much more stable with a larger beta test pool.

Anonymous(anon)

I think you may have missed that update from Orange - I'm pretty sure I got a notification of it even though my phone is unbranded but using an Orange sim - it was about a week after the generic patch which I got was released