2011-08-01 09:11 PM
How to root
1. Make sure u are on stock 2.3.3 FW
2. Enable Unknown Sources & USB debugging in Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources & Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
3. Power down device
4. Flash -- ... [ Leave FlashTool running] --
5. Remove usb cable
6. Power on device
7. Immediately connect usb cab...
13. Power on your phone and phone will be rooted.
This method this will not wipe ur existing data.
FOR INSTALLING RECOVERY
How to install recovery based on this:
U can either wait for Flashtool to be updated
Do the following:
1. Download Z xRecovery-0.3_GBready
2. [OPTIONAL] If u dont have ADB then download minimal adb
3. Extract the GBready xRecovery to c:\
4. Run the following to push the recovery files to temporary directory (/data/local/tmp/)
adb push c:\xRecovery-0.3_GBready\system\bin\chargemon /data/local/tmp/. adb push c:\xRecovery-0.3_GBready\system\bin\charger /data/local/tmp/. adb push c:\xRecovery-0.3_GBready\system\xbin\sh /data/local/tmp/. adb push c:\xRecovery-0.3_GBready\system\xbin\xrecovery.tar /data/local/tmp/.
5. Remount /system using adb shell (keep screen active/unlocked to accept/allow the Superuser request)
adb shell su busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
6. Now copy the files to correct location & correct the permissions (within the adb shell from above step)
cp /data/local/tmp/chargemon /system/bin/. cp /data/local/tmp/charger /system/bin/. cp /data/local/tmp/sh /system/xbin/. cp /data/local/tmp/xrecovery.tar /system/xbin/. chmod 0755 /system/bin/chargemon chmod 0755 /system/bin/charger chmod 0755 /system/xbin/sh chmod 0755 /system/xbin/xrecovery.tar
7. Done now reboot and enjoy full rooted stock rom with recovery
incase adb server doesnt start try the following-
•try rebooting PC
•exit flashtool and other adb requiring services!
•preferably exit antivirus & close all other apps
Replace file recoveryX10.tar.bz2 in FlashTool\custom\xRecovery with file from new folder in this zip >>> FlashTool xRecovery Patch
+10000000 to DooMLoRD for rewritting tutorial. Dude your tutorials rulz!
Also you can follow nice picture step by step created by DooMLoRD over here >>> DooMLoRD's root & xRecovery install step by step in pictures ( warning: NOT porn )
Another +10000000 to DooMLoRD. Thanks dude!
Solved! Go to Solution.
2011-08-01 09:50 PM
help!!!How about if I fail in step 10?!now my x10 cannot start up already!help me!
u will feel a small vibration when u power on device at that point immediately connect usb cab
2011-08-01 09:55 PM