Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: 2.3.3 Update - AUDIO - problems/freezes/lags/distortions

Since upgrading from 2.1 to 2.3 I also have been experiencing Music player AUDIO - problems/freezes/lags/distortions and skipping in songs on extremely regular (song after song) basis.

In correcting this problem I have deleted and reloaded my music to no effect.

Reloaded/repaired 2.3 with no effect.

Downloaded Poweamp to try to circumvent the problem (to no effect).

I have been advised by Sony Customer centre that a downgrade back to 2.1 is not possible.

Im feel very disappointed.

Given how happy and contented I was with 2.1, i feel very let down with Sony that they would release something so 2nd rate (2.3) to overwrite what was a very good stable version (2.1).

My advice for those who havent upgraded to 2.3 yet - DONT DO IT, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Anonymous(anon)

there are some fix for stuttering at dev section on xda, also one or two app increasing SD speed are being useful... btw I've managed to solve audio issue installing mixzing (free from market) it is amazing compared with terrible stock music player, give it a try and you will able to listen music like in a sound studio with a clean sound file and a good third party headphones of course.

Anonymous(anon)

The problem with the XDA solution is that you need to root your phone. Not everybody is confident in doing it, or wants to go down this path.

What we need is SE to release an official update or OTA patch to fix the problem, but as yet there has been no official acknowledgement that the problem even exists.

It is a shame, because it spoils what to me was a great update apart from this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

Have you tried mixzing? to do that you don't need to be rooted and if works it would mean sound issue is not SE issue but android instead with some specific hardware array.

Inhabitant
higwayman

no problem here.

Exactly, how many of you have follows uliwolly advise to repair the phone with Update Service after the update?

Anonymous(anon)

Oh yes, this was done, but the problem persists. Rooting the phone and then using a fix from XDA stops 95% of the skipping. However, the problem still occurs when out and about, which leads me to believe it's related to the phone reception, etc dropping or reconnecting, causing skipping issues.

It's very annoying, especially considering SE have left us with this issue without any care. This will be remembered when i upgrade to a new phone, thats for sure.

Anonymous(anon)

Music playback is like most people found here, degraded badly on 2.3 on the X10. I use a jack to jack cable from the headphone jack into my car's aux input in the radio to play back music. I also use it when I take a call (the other persons' voice goes through the car speakers). This used to work fine on Android 2.1, but now I can not make out what the other person is saying after I upgraded to 2.3. So, it's definately not limited to MP3 playback or the Music player. Must be the 2.3 audio engine and the X10 hardware that's not going together to well. Even sytem sounds & notifications are sometimes delayed or stuttered (and the display lags at times).

I logged a call with SE UK and they mailed me a message saying they'll forward it to my country, SE South Africa. Obviously, thats jsut where the support ended.

I love 2.3 but also want a phone that works.

Inhabitant
higwayman

buy an ARC .ITS 2_3 WHICH YOU LIKE.

Anonymous(anon)

This is very familiar to me since 2.1 release where many users appears to get only issues from such upgrade... restart, shutdown, media player, recovery etc..

Forget about recovery, you don't need it at all and the right thing to upgrade or flash a new room is doing it from a fresh install ie no third app a system reset and of course a restart BEFORE and AFTER the upgrade process... just like we do on a PC. Then if you are happy with 2.1 like me take some time and wait to get the most refined update avoiding typical after-release issues.

Anonymous(anon)

how to downgrade to 2.1 pls tell me because i am fed up with the distortion during the music playback after 2.3 up[date