Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous(anon)

2.3.3 Update - AUDIO - problems/freezes/lags/distortions

Hi, since the long awaited Gingerbread update has finally arrived i was thrilled to install it. Unfortunatley one of the main experiences of the X10, the music playback has become totally unbearable. Even the simplest operation like rotating the screen causes distortions during the music playback.

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: 2.3.3 Update - AUDIO - problems/freezes/lags/distortions

transfer the files back to your computer and see if you hear distortion, you can always repair your phone with Update Service or PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

The Audio files are fine. It's an issue with the new update and reported by a lot of other X10 owners. Listening to music is unacceptable. I've tried everything but now i have downgraded back to 2.1 until there is a new update.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

did you tried to repair the phone with Update Service after the update?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

No, i just formatted the sd card.

What i've done so far is updatet from 2.1 to 2.3 with SEUS and the phone was completly resetted. And the music playback issues also are present with 3rd party players like winamp or amazonmp3.

So this must clearly be a fault in the latest operating software.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's odd I don't have that issue at all

Anonymous(anon)

I can't believe it.

Please try this: Open the 2.3 Standard Music Player and Play some music with ear phones plugged in. Then open google maps and let it locate your position while the music is playing. Then rotate the screen while the music is still playing.

When i do this kind of simple operation, the audio playback lags or freezes for a very short time. Also locking the screen causes this short breaks.

Maybe for some people this is no issue but im a music enthusiast and music playback is one of the most important features in a smartphone for me.

If you really don't have any of theses issues then plese tell me what region your X10 belongs to?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I have an X10a running X10i firmware

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/19735

Anonymous(anon)

Did you perform the test i asked? Just to see if there really is a difference between the rom versions.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

which tests? are you refering on multi tasking, or using thirdparty players? yes I did and still no problem